• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Another Help what is this pepper thread

Hello everyone. Thought I would see what you all can come up with on this one. We ordered some plants from a company and this one was in our order. We were supposed to have fooled you jalapeno's, yes I know, WIMP, they were for my in laws. Obviously this aint a jalapeno. The fruit is about two inches long by one and a half, cone shaped, and ripens from a light yellow green to orange-red. They have a nice fruity flavor for about two seconds then a fairly good heat level that grabs you by the back of the throat and lasts 20 minutes or so. We really like them, just wish we knew what they are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brion
Image_Bonus.asp

I'm sure some mod will move this thread soon! SO just do nothing this time and wait for things to happen.

THe pod looks great, although it definitely doesn't look like a Jalapeno. Got no idea what it could be though...

Thanks everyone. I was thinking it is some sort of habanero also. I have heard of a red variety of fatali. These definitely will get your attention. Even if I do not know what it is, I am going to save some seeds. We really like these peppers. Great fruity tast and good heat level.

Thanks again

Brion

brtokie said:
Thanks everyone. I was thinking it is some sort of habanero also. I have heard of a red variety of fatali.

Habanero is a chinense, fatalli is a chilense
Fatalli is not an habanero

Unless the company you ordered from is completely incompetant, I wouldn't rule out a jalapeno crossed with something else. No guarantee that seeds will be the same!;)

Thank you everyone. They were live plants from Chileplants.com
It may be some type of cross. Just don't know. I would put the heat on a serrano level. We will enjoy them and see what happens next year.
Thanks again

Brion

Back