• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Another Mystery Pepper - Any thoughts?

So, last year I had Trinidad Scorpions, Yellow Fatallis, and Aji Limons growing in the same raised bed. I saved seeds from each of the pods and used them to start this years grow along with a few others. Unfortunately, I lost all of my labels on this group and cannot identify this pepper. I thought they were the T Scorps but last year's version grew true, stinger and all. This year's version, however, seems to be rounded off with no stinger and less wrinkles/dimples. All pods look essentially similar to this photo.

Untitled by adamkoppes, on Flickr

Any chance these types listed above could have crossed? Is this obviously some kind of other pepper that I'm missing?

I will post a photo again once I get a ripe one. 

Yes, smells like a Fatalii and has the heat of the T Scorp/Fataliis of last year. I think you're right Dulac. Thanks.

Sad though, this would mean I lost my only true T Scorps from AlabamaJack

Here is a pic of the leaves also.

Untitled by adamkoppes, on Flickr

Fyi, please ignore the fact that I've horribly mismanaged this poor plant. I promise the ones at the farm are better.

Thanks pshngo, I did not know that. This was the first pod so will wait for a few more.

Zen, if I save seeds from this pod will the offspring grow back the same as the parent? I thought it took a while to stabilize a new cross.

might not grow back same as this plant, but if its good you can give it a try, its a low cost undertaking, it will only cost you some dirt and a few minutes to plant it. worst that can happen is you end up with a plain pepper, but still something, on the other hand you could end up with some unique. thats just my take on this :)

Back