Another new guy!

I've been lurking around these boards now for a couple of days, and I'm finally getting around to posting!

My name is Colin, I live in central Missouri, I am a taurus and I enjoy walking through the woods and... Wait, wrong kind of post :lol:

I'm a recent college grad, video game enthusiast (my wife would say 'addict'), and KCBS certified bbq judge (I know I've seen another on the boards here...).

I'm very new to the pepper world, but I'm having fun with it so far! I'm working on gathering resources to build a decent little grow house in the basement, so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions!! This looks like a great place to be, and I'm lookin' forward learning a few things...

Hi Colin and welcome to the hot pepper.i'm new here and let me tell you the knowledge to be had here is limitless.so if you need any help with anything chances are someone here can help and again welcome.

Hi Colin and welcome to the hot pepper.i'm new here and let me tell you the knowledge to be had here is limitless.so if you need any help with anything chances are someone here can help and again welcome.
Thanks!

The info is becoming a bit overwhelming! Every thread I read leaves me with about a dozen more questions. I'm really interested in the global bucket system. I don't know if I can talk my wife into the large, automatic watering system; but I really like the stand-alone two bucket system. All of the threads I've found about it so far have been from this season. I've gotten a late start, but I've got some bhuts going that I'm going to have to do something with and I'm wondering if people have gotten positive results. ( Seems like there was some question on if it would be too wet for peppers...)

Another question I had: I need to read up, what is a good beginner's book? At least a good book that has some 'Peppers 101' type info. I'm heading to the beach for a week and could use some light reading. :cool:

I happened to find this, and I think it does an excellent job of explaining why I like to grow peppers. I thought I'd share...
http://thechive.com/2011/08/18/daily-afternoon-randomness-48-photos-38/attachment/1313687454638/
:cool:

Back