Another Pennsylvanian joining the fray!

Hi all! Came across the site a few days ago and have been obsessively reading it ever since. I'm Meghan, from Camp Hill, PA. Born and raised in FL, but moved north to be near my husband's family. Currently growing some Bhuts, Biker Billy Jalapenos, Hot Beaver Dams and some Early Jalapenos. First year growing Bhuts and I have about 8 pods growing on the plants with about another 7-8 flowers. I'm stoked! I started from seed and only have one plant though.

Next year I'm hoping to grow some Habaneros, Scorpions and Brains. Maybe Fatalis too? I always start too many seeds and end up expanding my garden every year, lol. Last year I went overboard with tomatoes and it's been a crap year for tomatoes for me. So next year, it's all about the peppers. Plus, I've become pepper obsessed!

Going to try making some hot sauce this weekend or next. We usually pickle most of our Jalapenos, since my husband likes to eat them straight out of the jar before and after shoveling snow. We make some salsa too. We both love hot sauce, have some Torchbearer Zombie Apocalypse sitting almost empty in the fridge now, so I figured I'll put our peppers to use. Can't wait for my Bhuts to ripen!

This looks like a great site and I've had fun looking at all the recipes and websites, etc. This place really is a wealth of info.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and nice to "meet" you all!

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Welcome! I live across the river and have more peppers than I can handle. You are welcome to come harvest some! PM me if you are interested!

Welcome from Pittsburgh. Another wrong sider!!!! There is another hot sauce fanatic from Camp Hill on here also. Enjoy your stay,and if you need seed for any of the varieties you mentioned,feel free to ask. I will send some your way.

Thanks so much for all the welcomes! Seth, PM sent and thanks John for the offer of seeds--I might have to take you up on that! You all are really such a great group of pepperfanatics.

Back