• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Antilles Fire

So Smiley, sounds like this one has a great taste. How does the heat compare with other peppers you have tried? Even if it isn't the most hot pepper you have ever tried, a really great taste with above average heat is a much better pepper, especially when you want to cook with it, or use it for sauce. I'd love to bring one of those to the group sometime. Tom

cycadjungle said:
So Smiley, sounds like this one has a great taste. How does the heat compare with other peppers you have tried? Even if it isn't the most hot pepper you have ever tried, a really great taste with above average heat is a much better pepper, especially when you want to cook with it, or use it for sauce. I'd love to bring one of those to the group sometime. Tom
I thoroughly enjoyed the flavor and the heat was definitely there in the one i tried a week or so ago when i cooked with it. I'm going to be using the one in the pic tomorrow and I'll pop a big chunk to get a better idea. I can tell you that it isn't hot as my brainstrains but they're quite a bit hotter than the Caribbean reds i grew last year. I'll grab a naga morich tomorrow and compare it heat wise to that.

I thoroughly enjoyed the flavor and the heat was definitely there in the one i tried a week or so ago when i cooked with it. I'm going to be using the one in the pic tomorrow and I'll pop a big chunk to get a better idea. I can tell you that it isn't hot as my brainstrains but they're quite a bit hotter than the Caribbean reds i grew last year. I'll grab a naga morich tomorrow and compare it heat wise to that.
Yea, there's a whole lot of room in between a brain and the Caribbean red. Naga might be better, but I tell you, there is a whole lot of difference between the ghost type peppers and the Brain Strain. The Brain is an awesome pepper, even if these reapers and primos end up being consistantly hotter. The brain taste is wonderful to me, but these Antilles Fires sound luscious :). Tom

Hi Tom,

I`ve found the Brain Strains I`ve had to be hotter than the Reaper or Primo. Just me, though.

These Antilles Fire are fantastic peppers. Grow them if you can, you will not regret it. VERY slow increase in burn until they get pretty warm.

Hi Tom,

I`ve found the Brain Strains I`ve had to be hotter than the Reaper or Primo. Just me, though.

These Antilles Fire are fantastic peppers. Grow them if you can, you will not regret it. VERY slow increase in burn until they get pretty warm.
On the brains, I'm not surprised. We had some that were at least equal to the reaper we tried the same night. There is no reason why you might have a batch that is hotter. Thats why I think any of these three peppers have a chance at the next record, someone just needs to grow the hottest ones they can grow and then have them tested. I don't think Douglahs are out of the race yet either, but these other three seem to be consistantly hotter. I need to try out a lot more primos before I decide what my favorite might be, but I'm really liking these brains for the combination of heat and taste. I have to try some more reapers, but I am thinking, for me, they are out of the race for favorite. The primos have a pretty strong, decent taste to them if you can get past the burn that you feel at once. In a few months, we will get to try out fresh Jigsaw peppers. The material I got to try tasted real rich and may be in the running for me. I don't know how many of you all have plants from this one, but they are not legal to sell, seeds or pods, but that doesn't mean we can't spread them around as presents or as bonuses when people buy other peppers. I'll make sure my best buds here at THP get to try some of these, yet alone if anyone comes out for Hot Pepper Night sometime.
I WILL try the fire pepper. It sounds great and there is always room to grow another type of pepper plant. I have 2 whole acres going to waste without any cultivated plants on it, so there is always room for more peppers, right? Tom

It is entirely possible I`m more susceptible to Brain Strains than the capsaicin content might suggest. They are definitely the hottest for me. Probably the second hottest I`ve had is the Douglah, although I hear that the Brown 7-pot is another potential chart topper. I haven`t had one yet. The Primo would come in third for me tied with the Moruga blend, although the Madballz 7 was also very hot and more painful than any other pepper I`ve had. I have not had a Butch T yet, so don`t know about those. I know people growing the Jigsaw and that seems like it may be pretty hot. Just how hot remains to be seen. 

I have a Douglah x Butch T F4 pod to try. That`s going to be a tad hot, I suspect!!!

pepperhog said:
I was watching you and I was surprised how this chili lit you up cuz you handle the higher SHU chilies like a champ
It crept up on me unawares. And ended up pretty warm, too. Honest....... :whistle:

My best guess, and it is only a guess, would be in the 600-700,000 range. I`ve had Nagas that were hotter and I`ve had Nagas that were less hot. 

I got the seeds from Peppermania and grew them for the first time last season. One of my faves for flavor and sauce as well as powder. Very, very prolific.

Here's an excerpt from Beth's 2012 catalog.

Antilles Fire - A Super Hot originating from the Antillles Islands in the Caribbean with similar traits of his brothern, the 7-Pot (7-Pod). Pods that ripen to red, with the desired exocarp
"bumpities", thick pink placenta and traces of capsaicin on the walls of the endocarp. For Peppermania, a bit more productive than other 7-Pod strains. LIMITED AVAILABILITY - 12 SEEDS

Silver_Surfer said:
I got the seeds from Peppermania and grew them for the first time last season. One of my faves for flavor and sauce as well as powder. Very, very prolific.

Here's an excerpt from Beth's 2012 catalog.

Thank you! I can find nothing on this pepper and absolutely love it! You growing them again this year?

Just got some seeds today and was looking for info and found it here.  If it finishes with a cherry flavor, it would make some awesome blends.  Looks like the growlist just got bigger.

I got some pods from smilyguy and saved the seeds pretty much all the pods were the same very spiky and bumpy, i was not able to taste them though, but the smelled great when cut open , I have not found out much about them, but they are on my to grow list for 2014. 

Back