• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any car guys here ??Advice needed

Ive been playing with an idea for the last year..I was thinking..I have a blown out 327(chev)for those who dont know with a 3 speed automatic tranny with shift kit..My thoughts were to put it in my jimmy...Ive been shopping for a bodykit..I have all these ideas....my 327 with the 3 speed in my 79 blazer k5 4x4 with 31s I would get really early 13s in a 1/4 mile..As for the tranny I just have to slap a tailstock on it(coming from a 4x4)
Ideas??dunno lemme know what ya think.I should add the motor has a 5 1/2 redline..80 in first gear shift in second and smoke the tires

I bought the truck(79 blazer) from my dads best friend a few years back he is a multimillionare the body is pure bondo...He bought the 327 and did it up as well as rebuilding the tranny well because he could lol He used it once a year to go to the moose camp..my dads 50th b- day he came down told him I was buying the truck and so I did..I helped build the old 79 blazer as a young kid....I know the drivetrain and lol tested it myself but its a stock truck

Are you saying you want to remove the 327 from the K5 and put it in the Jimmy? When you say blown out 327 do you mean it has a blower on it or it is blown up and you have to rebuild it? I don't know how you are getting to 80 in first. At 5500RPM with a 31" tire, stock 3.08 rear gears and 2.52 first tranny gear yields about 65MPH. You must have a lower gear like 2.73 maybe?

One prob, bro....the output shaft lengths are different between a 2wd and a 4wd. It's not just a tailshaft swap on a TH350.

Sickmont said:
One prob, bro....the output shaft lengths are different between a 2wd and a 4wd. It's not just a tailshaft swap on a TH350.
If I do this Im getting a buddy of mine to help me..since its off season for racing he has a bit more time on his hands..He builds,does his own machineing(yeah spelled wrong)And races aswell.The proper install kit isnt cheap but its the proper kit for the job...If not ill still keep an eye out for an older camaro.The Blazer has been sold and the motor and tranny are coming out next week

Nice, Sounds like a pretty sweet project. This is my kinda of project I say go for it.
Here is my Bronco II, I dropped a 302 bored out 30 over along with the full size bronco trans. I got a transfer case adapter and out put shaft from advanced adapters, and bolted that to the stock bronco II transfer case. The fourwheel drive still works, although I have to keep extra rear ends around because i didn't get around to changing them yet.

I did a 4.5" suspension lift, and 2" body lift to fit the engine.
2099194_5_full.jpg

2099194_2_full.jpg

jh35ky123 said:
get an old camaro /nova/ chevelle dont waste the motor on a jimmy just my opinion i miss my ole cars

I cant answer for CP, but my guess & opinion is that cars are worthless in canada. I'd take a 4x4 vehicle anyday over a sportscar. yea sportscars look nice but you only can drive them for a couple months & then only on a clear road.

sickmont - I've been driving motorized vehicles since about 8 years old. by the time I was 13-14 I've driven cars/trucks(stick shift) all sorts of heavy machinery, tandem trucks on highways for some good length of time all before I even had a learners permit to get a drivers license, so I know how to drive ;)

I want to see you take your car over a fallen tree or through a ditch with snow in it, or drive down the road with 6" or more of fresh snow(unplowed roads) go off road driving where its all tore up mud. again a car is only good for a road with cleared roads.

the bronco jarvas shows looks like it could be fun to take up north to some OHV trails, but I'd want a winch on the front because I'd be getting that stuck :lol:

chilehunter said:
sickmont - I've been driving motorized vehicles since about 8 years old. by the time I was 13-14 I've driven cars/trucks(stick shift) all sorts of heavy machinery, tandem trucks on highways for some good length of time all before I even had a learners permit to get a drivers license, so I know how to drive ;)

I want to see you take your car over a fallen tree or through a ditch with snow in it, or drive down the road with 6" or more of fresh snow(unplowed roads) go off road driving where its all tore up mud. again a car is only good for a road with cleared roads.

Ya know i was joking, right?
And i got ya now, bro. Here's my solution:
novasnowmobile04.jpg

Probably not too good in the mud, but as for the fallen tree, thats why i've keep a chainsaw in the trunk!:lol:

:lol: ok that shouldnt have a problem going through snow, but why the skies on the front ? seems like alot of weight that could bust some part of the steering system easily because of those heavy skies (unless strictly used for snow) I would of went with wheels for a multi general use vehicle, but then again most likely that doesnt have any front wheel drive, so only good for snow.

chainsaws, yea to much work & time, I'd rather just drive over the tree :lol: & wheres theres trees in the way I just drive over them & make my own path :lol: (as long as they're not to big)
& dude why TF are you carrying a chainsaw around all the time ?

chilehunter said:
I cant answer for CP, but my guess & opinion is that cars are worthless in canada. I'd take a 4x4 vehicle anyday over a sportscar. yea sportscars look nice but you only can drive them for a couple months & then only on a clear road.
to me 4x4s are over rated unless you own a farm (mile long laneways in the middle of winter)or you are going to plow..id rather go into a spin with a rear wheel drive than a 4x4 2 wheel drive you can recover..once you spin out in a 4x4 your fu*ked no turning back...not to mention the gas milage..I would never have bought my jimmy if it was a 4x4 they were notorious for being a cunt on gas lol with the same motor..(all in the gearing)..I had my fun with the blazer and shes gone....I kept the motor and tranny...now to see what I put it in

Back