• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any Cigar Smokers in the House

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah,that Kristoff you showed there is really good. It's a strong suma bitch.

ive got some pipe tobacco that will make you shit your pants. literally. i bought it because i didnt believe the people reviewing it. thought they must be pussies. 

people that dont smoke pipes just have no idea how much nicotine there can be in non cigar blends.

pile fermentation takes a huge bite out of the nicotine content... and alot of the filler is usually bright virginia + some crojo what what ever the blend demands....

but pipe tobacco is just cured in barns for a few weeks then smashed into bricks and blended and aged, then chipped into flake or ground into loose tobacco. 

Lol I've definitely had to go shit after a really strong cigar before. One time I grilled up some sweet steaks and was puffing my stick too fast. Steaks were done. Dinner was ready, and I was sitting on the shitter.

Ozzy2001 said:
Lol I've definitely had to go shit after a really strong cigar before. One time I grilled up some sweet steaks and was puffing my stick too fast. Steaks were done. Dinner was ready, and I was sitting on the shitter.
Can't say I've had that experience. Felt really light headed and wanted to sleep.

queequeg152 said:

i might be missing the sarcasm, but what makes you say that ?
from what i recall cohiba bands back then had no embossing like alot ofther bands.

my logic is that embossing is another step... probably costly owing to tooling and hence harder to replicate. could be wrong though. 
i think alot of printing is done with these steel plates things they wrap around drums... it might not be that hard to produce those steel drum printing things what with cnc junk or chemical etching,but wtf do i know

lol i wouldnt be suprised if counterfit bands were not from the same supplier from india/china/where ever.

Right now, you have an opportunity to learn a thing or continue to counter; because , no offense you've been spreading a lot of bad information about Cuban cigars here.  Cohiba bands are the hardest bands to counterfeit on the planet. Yes, they are embossed (I don't think you seen a real one), they have font, colors, design...etc that are damn near impossible to fake. The Behike and a couple other vitolas of the marca even have holograms for shit sake....Not to mention the reflective rainbow color on the gold. Not tying to crush you here, but you clearly don't have the experience to be making the claims that you have. Again, no offense...
Sizzle Lips said:
Liga Privada #9.....one of Drew Estates best sticks IMO....I have a few loose ones in my Humi......If you like the Liga's you should try the Undercrown...also a fantastic stick from Drew Estates.

I have boxes of all of their stuff. :)  My favorite are the unicos... dirty rat, UF13, Ferral Flying Pig, Papas Fritas and L40. 

ColdSmoke said:

I have boxes of all of their stuff. :)  My favorite are the unicos... dirty rat, UF13, Ferral Flying Pig, Papas Fritas and L40. 
Nice selection.....I have two boxes of the KFC(Kentucky fire cured)Fling Pigs .....smoke flavor really hits you on the lips but once you get well into the first third the cigar.....it really changes and I really enjoy them.....as well as the KFC Fat Molly.

ColdSmoke said:

Right now, you have an opportunity to learn a thing or continue to counter; because , no offense you've been spreading a lot of bad information about Cuban cigars here.  Cohiba bands are the hardest bands to counterfeit on the planet. Yes, they are embossed (I don't think you seen a real one), they have font, colors, design...etc that are damn near impossible to fake. The Behike and a couple other vitolas of the marca even have holograms for shit sake....Not to mention the reflective rainbow color on the gold. Not tying to crush you here, but you clearly don't have the experience to be making the claims that you have. Again, no offense...

hardest to fake? yet they have no hologram?

i dont understand that.  which year bands are you taking about?

xhrSgri.jpg

you are right in that i dont have much experiance with cuban cigars.  but what bad information am i spreading? that they are not the end all of cigars? thats fucking nonsense.

If you guys are buying cigars by the box in Cuba....there are many tell tale signs that they may not be legit just by looking at the box....I dont need the bands to tell me they are fakes.....I want to see the Hologram on the outside of the box....Cubans are poor and the scammers dont have the money or resources to counterfeit them.....I want to see the factory Date code stamped on the bottom of the box...they never put that on and most beach goers do not know this......Cohiba cigars all have a triple cap......Cohiba has never made cigars that come in a glass top box......counterfeiters do this so that the beach buyers can see there are actually cigars in the box because they do not want you to open them till they have your money and disappear.

The piece of cedar that comes in the box is usually very fine and neat looking....fakes may have rougher looking knotty wood......once you educate yourself there is no excuse for ending up with a fake Cuban....buyer beware.

All cubans are triple capped. Factory code and date are important too. Let me know if you guys are interested in doing a box split. I can get whatever you want...at very, very good prices

ColdSmoke said:

one is real i think. i just googled cohiba bands and grabed an image from reddit. i could find it again if you dont believe me.

yes fakes are easy to spot, i agreed with you aready on that point earlier in the thread.
i posted that band because THATS the fake band on my gifted fake cohibas.

btw, in googling the above image, i found an article satating they will be replacing that yellow band with one with hologram fringes top and bottom. i commend habanos for doing this. but i wonder what took them so long? fakes have been around since the 90's far as i know.

you dont have to shut up... you are making me out to be some immovable idiot who wont listen to reason.

im going off years of heresay from cigar podcasts, forums, but mostly chit chatting at cigar bars, tobacconists and other enthusiasts. 
the ONLY people that claim that cubans are amazing are people who dont smoke cigars. who see cubans as a status item. they are better because they are harder to get.  most consider cubans to be just another cigar from a great cigar growing region. they are better than average.
yes absolutely. but for the cost they are not that special at all.

im strictly a bang for the buck guy. maby thats where we differ here. i can get a stupid tasty padron thousand series stick for like 6 bucks and be happy as a clam. or a hemmingway for like 11 bucks. my go to are the oliva, flor de oliva bundles. corona in the cameroon wrapper... EXCEPT for the sweetened cap, these cigars cannot be beat for the money imo.

yes they need like a year in the humidor, but at like 2 bucks a stick you can get 3 bundles and just pack them up in a coolderdor and forget about them very easily. they sometimes dont burn especially well...owing to the wrappers.  the wrappers are not especially well binned, they are toothy ... there are some sun spots and the veins can be larger than you want ideally, but they are still a great smoke. 

ColdSmoke said:
All cubans are triple capped. Factory code and date are important too. Let me know if you guys are interested in doing a box split. I can get whatever you want...
I have two full boxes of Cubans in my Humi right now and Cubans have always been legal here...so I can buy them any time....but thanks for asking.

ColdSmoke said:
All cubans are triple capped. Factory code and date are important too. Let me know if you guys are interested in doing a box split. I can get whatever you want...at very, very good prices

What are we talking about for a 4X split?  I am interested CS.

queequeg152 said:

one is real i think. i just googled cohiba bands and grabed an image from reddit. i could find it again if you dont believe me.

I'll take a picture of one from my house this evening so you can see why they are counterfeits...but the top of the border that goes around "cohiba" is intruding on the middle white squares. That's one of the easiest ways to tell...
JayT said:

What are we talking about for a 4X split?  I am interested CS.

tctenten said:
I may have some interest too Coldsmoke.

Cool...I will post up some examples and what the prices would be per five. Sizzle Lips, let me know if we're intruding on your thread but I kind of figured this can be the cigar thread here. 

ColdSmoke said:

. Sizzle Lips, let me know if we're intruding on your thread but I kind of figured this can be the cigar thread here.
Hey its all good cigar talk...carry on

ColdSmoke said:

I'll take a picture of one from my house this evening so you can see why they are counterfeits...but the top of the border that goes around "cohiba" is intruding on the middle white squares. That's one of the easiest ways to tell...

please do, but reddit poster says the top one is legit. i just double checked.

the bottom one is missing a comma lol.

everything on the top one looks right except for the border going into the dots, you should see black in-between the border and the third row of white dots...unfortunately it only takes one aspect like that to make it fake. It's a well made counterfeit..Let me confirm later though.

Back