• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Any easy way to this pepper burn off my fingers?

I cut up some hot peppers the other night and I did not use gloves and my fingers are still burning, anything I can use to get the burn off?

Thanx

That is just it I have washed them about 50 times with dish soap, soap, scrub brush. I think I just figured it out I have accidentally been using the same hand towel from the other night so I just threw that sucker in the washer with bleach. Man those were some majorly hot peppers.. :} Now I just have to remember to keep from rubbing my eyes for another week..

For whatever reason, I've found Bath and Bodyworks antibacterial hand soaps tend to work better than others. It's not perfect though - it won't eliminate the burn in one wash, and even after a few washings not 100%. However, I do a combo - first I use Dawn, then the B&B, then back to Dawn, then B&B a couple times. This usually at least makes it tolerable.

Definitely no foreplay! Hubby did that to me one night after numerous washings downstairs I had to sleep with an ice pack between my legs.

In all seriousness, I keep a bottle of generic Gin (yellow label, black font "GIN") in the freezer for exactly this. Oil is alcohol soluable & gin gets super cold in the freezer (as most of you lushes should know) - washing your hands in ice cold gin is both extremely soothing & extremely effective for removing capsaicin from skin.

Never soaked my balls in it but I imagine it would be quite pleasant, if a bit cold.

As with most troubles in life, the winning answer is alcohol folks.

Back