• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun any experience growing indoors. indirect sun?

I dont have the $ to make a fancy setup. So i brought 3 in and letting them take up indirect light

Im sure they live but grow slow? Also how do you think this will effect pods on my plant?

Pods will continue to ripen but branches will likely eventually start to die off with out much light and no new pods will form. I usually cut back plant tops and roots and let them go semi-dormant until spring. This saves a lot of work killing aphids which love new green growth and lack of predators indoors

If you have an uber-sunny window, light from that will be enough to keep them going. However, as Potawie said, no new pods will form. And I agree - at least once you've pulled the existing pods, cut them back and be sure to remove all the leaves to reduce an aphid problem.

To be honest, you can get a decent mh/hps for around 150 bucks. Or even get some 4x4 or 2x4 floursecent light for under 100 and you will get pods. I grew under 400mh and had a ton of pods on my stuff.

I am simply using 2x 2x4 shop lights (T12) with 6400k bulbs.I am growing 6 orange habs and 6 trinadad scorpions. Granted they are only a little over a month old, but doing well and growing just fine. There in 6" pots and have plenty of room to grow for awhile.

I grow indoors in my 4x4 grow tent under my 400 watt hps light. The main thing you have to worry about is spider mites and aphids! It would be a good idea to spray your plants at least once every two weeks with something like Bonide! Good luck with your grow!

You will need to put some cash down on at least a decent grow light if you want to keep the plant going with new pods!

Lighting need not be expensive, generally if you use tube or spiral compact fluorescent bulbs in a DIY system, the electricity costs more than the bulbs and fixture. Then again, that's a lot more expensive than not doing it at all, you're probably looking at, at LEAST $100 in electricity over the winter for 3 season-old sized plants, depending on where "kicking ass" is.

It would be a good idea to spray your plants at least once every two weeks
Instead of once every two weeks, do it every day for a week then never again until a pest is re-introduced. (Assuming that won't harm the plant)

If you do it once every two weeks, the eggs will survive and hatch and you'll just get them in time for them to lay more eggs and repeat the cycle. You'll want to kill an entire generation before it can reproduce.

Back