• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any "Game of Thrones" fans here?

Recently watched "Game of Thrones." Was really amazed at the production quality of the 10 episode season. Led me to grab the book from the library that I am reading now. Wondering if anyone else enjoys this title, either book or show. Some great scenes and acting all the way through the first season, especially in the children actors.

Read the book years ago, it was OK.
Saw the miniseries a month ago, it was extremely well done, I loved it. Great TV adaption and acting.

The Opening and closing scenes of the series were akin to the chase of the hobbits in the forest, when the weird, black caped, skull-head , chaser guy horse's head drops down and is their breathing next to their scared bodies in the forest at start of the film.(maybe 30 mins in)

I enjoyed the book, thought the miniseries was well done. I have a bit of an aversion to
TV so, I could care less if they keep going with it. I have the first four books but haven't
quite managed the second one yet. (I have commitment issues) lol.

Been reading the series for years, the TV version has done an excellent job of keeping to the story line, IMHO.

Just watched the 2nd season premiere - looks good. People who have not read the books are in for a few (more) surprises, as fans already know, the good guys don't always (rarely!) win. Interesting to see how far they go with the show, IMHO the books began to wander a bit after the first three, which would make it pretty hard to keep the story line going in a linear fashion.

The episodes, I think are very well done, and well acted. They also have the cajones to kill off main characters, which many other series, even if called for in the novels they're based on, tend to be reluctant to do

damn this show looks good, people keep telling me to watch this, i wanna catch up from the first season before i start watching,

I would agree that the books are a lot better. I'm just glad they made them into a 10 hour miniseries and not a 3 hour movie.

I never read the books, but heard they are amazing. I did watch season 1 and have started season 2. I think this show is awesome, and I'm not really a dungeons and dragons type of girl either. ;)

I have read all five books in the series. The mix of historical fiction and fantasy is great. Not kiddy fiction and still has a bit of mysticism. Not to spoil it for anyone, but I found the story started to get tired in the fourth book and the fifth just dragged on without much being resolved, then ended without a hook to keep fans in suspense for the sixth book to come along. I got the feeling that the series could have been wrapped up nicely in four or five books, but because of its success it is being stretched and all the new characters aren't as interesting as the originals.

Read teh first book after getting hooked on the miniseries. I'm now on the second book and just ahead of this seasons shows. So far I'm enjoying them both.

I've read all the books but have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the series, mostly due to the mortality rate of the main characters and in the more recent books the disconnected story lines. Good writing for the most part. I watched a few episodes of the series and thought they were well done but knowing the plot well in advance takes away a large part of my enjoyment of television. I'll probably finish off the first season soon anyhow.

im reading a storm of swords (part 2) and its an awesome book, but ive never saw the tv show... im a little disapointed by adaptations, maybe i will give it a chance when all the books got published

Back