• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any good recommendation on prefab'ed hydro setups for say 12 -18 pots?

As the title states.  Been working with TXCG and want to test hyrdo before the end of my long grow season.  Dont have enough time to build a system so looking at any proven prefabbed.

Thanks!

robbyjoe01 said:
Ya want a honest answer. Hydro is not yet profitable yet,..........

Heh its for peppers.  :)  I want to get higher yields, plus we might redo the backyard.  Its part of the reason I switched to mostly grow pots this year for all my super hots.  But next year I might not have a good area for soil /raised beds, but will have a spot on the patio for a hydro system sitting on concrete.

I read you don't have the time, but DIY hydro isn't that hard. Lots of stuff on Google. One could build any hydro in a box setup for a fraction of the price. For the most part, everything is at the big box stores. I like Duffy's set up. He does well with it. I want to test an area next year with this setup.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 92
OCD Chilehead said:
I read you don't have the time, but DIY hydro isn't that hard. Lots of stuff on Google. One could build any hydro in a box setup for a fraction of the price. For the most part, everything is at the big box stores. I like Duffy's set up. He does well with it. I want to test an area next year with this setup.

Those look good.  TXCG pointed me to a hydroponics books with plans for DIY so ill have to try and estimate the time it will take.

fiveohmike said:
Those look good.  TXCG pointed me to a hydroponics books with plans for DIY so ill have to try and estimate the time it will take.
I've read quite a bit on different hydro setups. I'm interested in outdoor as well. My main concern is water temperature getting to high. Haven't researched how all those outdoor hydro systems are keeping the water cool. I thought about burying the reservoir.

Good luck

OCD Chilehead said:
I've read quite a bit on different hydro setups. I'm interested in outdoor as well. My main concern is water temperature getting to high. Haven't researched how all those outdoor hydro systems are keeping the water cool. I thought about burying the reservoir.

Good luck

For me I would use a large reservoir and rotate a frozen two liter of water in an out.  Seems like it would work like a champ.

outdoor hydro?

used a worm farm that was on sale at the local garden shop

it was a simple stacking type with treys and a tap on the bottom, didnt use the middle filled the top with hydroton an connected a hose back to the res from the tap

$20

if u buy a premade one its lots of cash

I suggest you get some tupperware, hoses and connectors and DIY

N8thaniel said:
outdoor hydro?

used a worm farm that was on sale at the local garden shop

it was a simple stacking type with treys and a tap on the bottom, didnt use the middle filled the top with hydroton an connected a hose back to the res from the tap

$20

if u buy a premade one its lots of cash

I suggest you get some tupperware, hoses and connectors and DIY
That's a cool set up. Nice plants!

My DWC hydro took like 15 minutes to build. Just 5 gallon buckets, net pots, some tubing, airline , air disks, 40gal rez and a few valves and clamps some drillin Boom done. 

Back