• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Any idea what these little buggers are??

These little greenish/transluscent bugs have taken up a new home on my ghost. Any idea what they are called??

0kWi1.jpg

Lady bugs chew them up like crazy. Lady bug larva also feast on the Blood sucking little ba$tard$..
Aphids are the deer tics of the plant world! My herd of ladies sticks around my garden all season,
but I use no insecticides, only spray infrequently with a weak solution of ivory liquid.

Aphids.... nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

Assuming the aphids can be controlled separately, wouldn't the ants be an overall benefit to the plants?

I can see an ant colony being a good insect defense force if you can keep them from farming aphids.

^ Not so much here, the ants attack to defend what is valuable to them like aphids or some of my other plants' sticky sweet flower buds, but a grasshopper or Japanese Beetle could be munching away on a leaf and they don't seem to care.

noticed a bunch o' lifeless dead aphids on me soil this morning and no signs of fresh ones so thanks again guys, mucho appreciato

You might as well kill the farmers of those aphids while your're at it. The ants.
Just went out and snapped a picture of my first opening flower. The ants look like they'll be the primary pollinators if nothing else, and my aphids haven't come back.

ants.jpg

Back