• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any ideas on these black margins

I've got one tabasco that has developed black edges on the old growth leaves. Plant seems healthy considering all the rain and cold weather we've had. It's in a 1/2 gallon pot and I'd rather not plant it with the others if it's a bacterial thing. I did search for similar photos on the google, but no luck. 

black edge.JPG

Yikes.  That's an odd one.  It certainly has the appearance of bacterial leaf spot, but not the characteristic spots. 
If it were me, I'd isolate that plant - far away from the others - and observe it.  See what happens with the new growth as it dries out.  Oh yeah... and make every effort to get the plant dried out.  

That is kinda odd. Any possibility of nutrient burn? Not the "classic" nutrient burn presentation but the only thing I can think of on the edges like that

A nursery plant I got had the same symptoms and similarly had been stuck in moist conditions for a while due to overhead misting.

It eventually stopped having the browning on the edges but has since been showing a mild case of BLS.

Back