• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Any ideas what these could be?

Received these "bonus seeds" with my Yellow morugas and I have no idea what they are. Plants are about 60-80cm high and the peppers have been full sized for 3 weeks now without any change in colour. 

KQo3UZu.jpg

zSZVYGQ.jpg

First there are several types of Serrano, some pointy, some round, which I would certainly agree this looks like. Second serranos are almost always hotter than Jals except maybe Biker Billy's. Third, the vitamin c decreases as a pepper ripens, it is vitamin A that is most present in red ripe peppers. And last, your plant looks good, and whether you eat those peppers green in salsa or pickled, or just chopped up or whether you wait til they ripen and use them for sauce (sriracha one of the best known Chile sauces in the world is made w/ red Serrano's)or salsa or what have u, I'm sure they will be delicious! I've never had a pepper I grew that I didn't like! Though sadly, I think indoor peppers never get as hot as outdoor of the same variety.

Here are pics of the fuzz talked about on my Serrano plants. I have seen seedlings from burpee and like companies who source out their seed grow with little or no fuzz. Either way I personally find the ones with the fuzz to have the most traditional serrano flavor.
IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg

onefowl1 said:
Here are pics of the fuzz talked about on my Serrano plants. I have seen seedlings from burpee and like companies who source out their seed grow with little or no fuzz. Either way I personally find the ones with the fuzz to have the most traditional serrano flavor.

well mine certainly don't have that much fuzz but do have some, i'll try and post some pics later. 
I tried eating one today again that had been on the plant for about 6-8 weeks but still green and it carried some serious heat! I'd say twice that of a jalapeno, but again i don't have much in the way of comparison :/. I made some tomato and chilli chutney and it tastes great though so i'm happy regardless what they are. 

Well my plants are supposed to be one of the original serrano types. There are many newer strains out there that are not as fuzzy and may in fact be crosses rather by chance due to open pollinated or by choice of the grower. As long as the plant makes peppers you like it really does not matter the history.
Being your plant is doing well making pods in a window i would say it is a very strong healthy plant.

Well my plants are supposed to be one of the original serrano types. There are many newer strains out there that are not as fuzzy and may in fact be crosses rather by chance due to open pollinated or by choice of the grower. As long as the plant makes peppers you like it really does not matter the history.
Being your plant is doing well making pods in a window i would say it is a very strong healthy plant.

Yeah I'm happy with it regardless of history, I've recently moved it to my new greenhouse and its producing more than ever now!

Back