Any Jimmy Nardello Live Plants?

Mine were the only failure to germinate this year and it's a favorite of my kids and mine. I've got a second round going but am thinking live plants might be better at this point. I haven't found any at my local Depot/Bonnie plant megafactory outlets.

Can anyone direct me to some? I found a place called Local Harvest selling them, but don't know a thing about them.  Thanks!

I had the same experience with them. Out of about 20 seeds only one germinated and it looks kinda weird.

I had exactly one seed from Burpee germinate as well, and it didn't look like it was going to make it for awhile, but I decided to plant it out while it still had two tiny true leaves to see if it would take off, and it's growing fine now. Sorry I don't have any extras to offer.

my jimmy nardellos from baker creek had about 90% germ rate. nothing to exotic in their pepper section but they've always provided me true high quality seed.

duh it says live plants,  yea maybe localharvest.org?

Thanks for the ideas. I'll swing by Home Depot again soon. I checked out a few boutique nurseries today but no luck. Based on a worker's recommendation for sweet peppers, I picked up a Gypsy and Cubanelle plant. They had tons of Gypsy peppers. The worker said there were a lot of Bosnians in the area (SW Boise) who bought them by the flat.

hogleg said:
my jimmy nardellos from baker creek had about 90% germ rate. nothing to exotic in their pepper section but they've always provided me true high quality seed.

I had great germ ratios overall. The first round of Nardellos were my own seed - like most of my others. I started another round of seeds from Baker about a week ago but nothing so far. Hopefully they'll be coming along - just a little bit late.

I tried the wet coffey filter in a ziplock on top of the fridge germination for the first time this year and it worked great.
Dont forget how fast these nards grow. If you have some pop up i think you will be fine. mine came up less than 20 days ago and are on their third set of true leaves. their out growing all my other peppers started at the same time, just about keeping up with the tomatas!

Back