• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music any metal heads on thp?

El Angeleno said:
\m/ metalhead since I was born. Lucky enough to have much older brothers and sisters raise me on it. Thrash and Death metal mostly. All my friends are into black, doom, and prog. I can't seem to get into it no matter how much they sing its praises.

Thrash like this?

Good stuff

I do love me some DRI! They tend to get lumped into the crossover thing but most of their stuff was just straight up thrash.
Everyone should see the doc "Get Thrashed" so good.

Woo hoo! Just finished learning "Sulfur" by Slipknot. Might give "Gematria" a try next. I KNOW that one will be a PITA!

Yeah, I started. Got to the insane down picking/hammer ons/pulloffs part ( the intro) and said fuck off!

[Youtube]http://youtu.be/0hoJ8H-Vzwc[/YouTube]

sevenstrings said:
Iowa was there last good album anyway. ;-). I is not a squareknot fan ;-) lolol
Are you freakin' mental?! Have you listened to All Hope Is Gone and .5: The Gray Chapter?!

I am truely sorry but after Iowa they sound just like stone sour. My woman loves slipknot so I am subjected to that crap all the time lolol. Not tryin' to be an A-hole at all, I just can't dig their newer stuff.

You and I are going to have problems.

For you, a great, heartfelt Stone Sour song. :P

[Youtube]http://youtu.be/Q-pXD0FXLQ8[/YouTube]

TrueNorthReptiles said:
You and I are going to have problems.

For you, a great, heartfelt Stone Sour song. :P

[Youtube]http://youtu.be/Q-pXD0FXLQ8[/YouTube]
Nah. I'm sure there is stuff I like you cant stand. This statement I'm about to make pisses off everyone I know....... I don't like pantera either. Love Down, but not pantera lololol. Did I just start a war? Lolol

sevenstrings said:
Nah. I'm sure there is stuff I like you cant stand. This statement I'm about to make pisses off everyone I know....... I don't like pantera either. Love Down, but not pantera lololol. Did I just start a war? Lolol
Haha, yeah, you just opened a can of corn for sure! It's all good. We all have our tastes. As long as it isn't rap, right?

What better way to follow up my Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Bullet For My Valentine and Motionless In White concert in August than with an Elton John concert tomorrow night?! Forgive me, fellow metalheads. I know I have sinned.

I hate rap.

No prob with Elton John, as a guitarist the more genres you listen too the better and more versitile you become. Listen to the Wretched instrumentals I posted above to talk about versatility, brutal heavy and beauty combined.
TrueNorthReptiles said:
Haha, yeah, you just opened a can of corn for sure! It's all good. We all have our tastes. As long as it isn't rap, right?

What better way to follow up my Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Bullet For My Valentine and Motionless In White concert in August than with an Elton John concert tomorrow night?! Forgive me, fellow metalheads. I know I have sinned.
My woman went to that show in Chicago.

sevenstrings said:
I hate rap.
No prob with Elton John, as a guitarist the more genres you listen too the better and more versitile you become. Listen to the Wretched instrumentals I posted above to talk about versatility, brutal heavy and beauty combined.

My woman went to that show in Chicago.
Last concert I went to with my father before he died was Elton John in Fairbanks, Alaska. He is a hell of a piano player and singer. So much power. I know you are a guitarist, so you understand when I state that being a musician changes your perception on music. You appreciate hard work and thought out music. Be it guitar, drums, piano, what have you.

You mentioned brutal and beauty. Have you listened to older Opeth? Pre-Peter/Martin break up.

Listened to the new Turbid North track. Very disappointed. I believe they died when Adam and Alex left. Shame. Unbelievable talent, recognized by so few. To all the metalheads, give the album, "Orogeny" by Turbid North a listen. I grew up with them back home in Alaska. I remember the OLD stuff before "Under The Eight", but " Orogeny" is a beast and a monumental leap for prog metal. Enjoy.

Sevenstring, listen, brother. TRUE metal, at it's roots. What all of us strive for. Everything from brutality to aggression to epic, technical beauty. Can we agree on that at least?!

Opeth is good. I was kidding about slipknot gay thing, still dont like em but that video makes me laugh, that guy who made the video does alot of bands comedy style.

Back