• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any morcycle riders on THP?

I hear what your saying about stretching the feet xgrafcorex!!!

Gives me the sh*ts as I was going to buy a new triumph sprint st but couldn't safely put both feet flat on the ground. At best, only my toes just touched the ground when the bike was 90 degrees. I was very disappointed.....but absolutely love my bike now and glad I got it....

TriumphSprintST.jpg

Pic from Photobucket

After looking at it again.....I would still love one of these....Bloody high stupid bikes....:lol:

In the two weeks I've owned my bike, I've put on 400 miles of mostly riding to nowhere or taking the extra, extra, extra long way home. :lol:

IMG_8103s.jpg

edit..finally put my frame sliders on there..just in case!

xgrafcorex said:
edit..finally put my frame sliders on there..just in case!

Well, put them through their first OPTEST yesterday.. they did a great job of protecting the engine and surrounding area on the outside.

Was going through a corner, leaned over fairly far, gave it some throttle mid corner while I happened to be crossing over this brick pedestrian crosswalk.. I think this upset my traction which resulted in a nice roll down a divided 3 lane (each way) road. Luckily nobody was immediately behind me and I rolled to a stop. I remember thinking "am I ever going to stop rolling??" The whole thing happened so fast, yet the times I was able to realize what was happening seemed to take forever.

I was wearing all of my gear, but my left leg is still somewhat swollen from the knee down. Left knee and wrist hurt a decent amount when I do things that put stress on them. Other than that..a little tiny bit of road rash from where my jacket rode up a little and where my dickies pants just didn't cut it.

The bike isn't in too bad of shape but isn't starting right now and I'm not sure why. It landed on it's right side and pinned the throttle open..by the time I had stood up and realized where the bike was, it shut off on its own. Hoping the engine isn't seized from oil starvation and running wide open for about 10 seconds or so. Will find out soon enough when I get it assessed by my insurance company. :(

Needless to say, yesterday and today have sucked. Keep getting pissed off about the situation, at myself mainly, but then try and calm down by saying "well at least I was able to get up on my two feet and walk away alive and not broken." ..only helps so much though. :doh:

xgrafcorex said:
Well, put them through their first OPTEST yesterday.. they did a great job of protecting the engine and surrounding area on the outside.

Was going through a corner, leaned over fairly far, gave it some throttle mid corner while I happened to be crossing over this brick pedestrian crosswalk.. I think this upset my traction which resulted in a nice roll down a divided 3 lane (each way) road. Luckily nobody was immediately behind me and I rolled to a stop. I remember thinking "am I ever going to stop rolling??" The whole thing happened so fast, yet the times I was able to realize what was happening seemed to take forever.

I was wearing all of my gear, but my left leg is still somewhat swollen from the knee down. Left knee and wrist hurt a decent amount when I do things that put stress on them. Other than that..a little tiny bit of road rash from where my jacket rode up a little and where my dickies pants just didn't cut it.

The bike isn't in too bad of shape but isn't starting right now and I'm not sure why. It landed on it's right side and pinned the throttle open..by the time I had stood up and realized where the bike was, it shut off on its own. Hoping the engine isn't seized from oil starvation and running wide open for about 10 seconds or so. Will find out soon enough when I get it assessed by my insurance company. :(

Needless to say, yesterday and today have sucked. Keep getting pissed off about the situation, at myself mainly, but then try and calm down by saying "well at least I was able to get up on my two feet and walk away alive and not broken." ..only helps so much though. :doh:

Ya, it sucks wipinf out but at least you're okay. Could have been much, much worse, bro. Does the bike turn over? If it does then it's not seized. If it doesn't try putting it in gear and pushing it a bit to see if the crank will spin over.

xgrafcorex said:

OUCH ! At least you had your gear ! I just got back from USA and No body wears a helmet in WI ??
Sweet that you are all right ! Time to get back in the seat! ;)

xgrafcorex said:

Bugger mate, sorry to hear about that.....but you know what they say......"If you haven't fallen off yet....YOU WILL"

when I fell off my bike (hit gravel going around a sharp corner) I busted my right knee and bike up pretty bad and I'm folks had to come pick me and the bike up.....I rebuilt the bike myself and the hospital rebuilt me....:D My knee cap had been ground away and you could see all the funky stuff underneath it......While sitting on the side of the road in a mild shock, I kept asking my mates to look under my leg cause I thought ants were crawling over me but it was all the blood and clear liquid from my knee dripping off my leg...:lol:

I usually wear Draggin jeans (kevlar lined) while riding but at the time I had put on a bit of weight and the jeans wouldn't fit.....and I paid the price....

I want to get a bike lately. It's odd because my best friend has had bikes for years and has had 4 accidents (5 if you include scooters!). He's walked away from all of them but been taken to the hospital twice.

That said, he's an adrenaline junky and a bit of a maniac driver so I know he can't be the most careful guy on a bike.

I'm also looking at the 250 ninja. At $5k here new... it's quite appealing. I was originally going to grab a honda ruckus or something just to tool up and down the hill... but well, we'll see!

Xgrafcorex, glad to hear you are alright. My friend has dumped his bike several times and the shop is always able to put it back together. Well, except the time it was RUN OVER by a big truck after he wiped out into the back of a suburban. :)

My coworker and I exchanged some emails, he started collecting scooters. The email eventually led to this story, he has never riden bikes, a day I was coming back from Sacramento. Thought I'd share this with you all on this motorcycle thread. 96 GSXR 750

I will say that in the time I have riden motorcycles I have known of a handful of people to die, and many injuries. Myself have narrowly escaped bad crashes at least two times, the third would have been really bad. A scene from a book man.

I'm coming down I-5 cruising along, speeding a lot, 90+ most of the time with episodes of faster. Traffic gets congested pretty badly as I approach the loop to 152 east. Traffic slows to about 50-60 and it's pretty tight everywhere. I'm trying to move over to the loop, negotiating cars. Right as I enter the loop, right as the curve starts,,,,,a random ass plastic bag flies up and static cling suctions onto my helmet right in the face. I'm not even wearing gloves and this plastic was nearly impossible to remove. I am completely blind entering a curve going 50+mph. I'm gripping and grasping with my left hand, at 50mph the plastic is stuck on like glue. Finally as I'm letting up on the throttle and moving left I find an edge of the plastic at the base of my helmet near the front. The instant the plastic hit and made me blind I got a full body electric shock of reality. Instantly the reality is, I could crash really hard, I could be rearended by a car and run over several times. Any crash where you go down at 50+ road rash is real, broken collar bones and elbows are comon, as well as ankles. Hamburger hands from when you make the mistake of trying to stop yourself with your hands on the pavement. All these thoughts hit your brain instantly and it's a shock. Somehow, you have to have nerves of steel, address the problem and not panic. I did well. It took maybe 5 seconds at most to undo my problem. 5 times longer than it takes to die, I'm sure. It scared the ever living sh!t outta me, for a long time. You have to think man, death could be as simple as a wet paint stripe or a phaquen random ass plastic bag blowing in the wind.

I convinced my missus to hop on the back of my bike, when she hoped on the back of my other one in the late 1990's she didn't enjoy it at all.

This cruiser style must be more to her liking, we went out and got her a leather jacket and helmet that suited her better. So far we've only been out for two extended rides stopping somewhere for lunch.

Looking forward to more day tours on my day off, our three teenagers can look after themselves quite well.

My wife hates getting on the back of mine. She used to have her own little rice rocket but we had to sell it.
I am considering getting a Harley & trading in the GSXR...

I too think my wife would be more happy to ride with me on a cruiser.... :)

My ex loved the cruiser....They are just so bloody comfortable.....I even got a air hawk for her so on the longer rides she would be more comfortable and it worked really well for her....If you want them to come out and enjoy it you need to do everything to stop them getting a numb bum.....that's usually the biggest complaint you'll get after a long ride!!!!

Air Hawk

Chilliman, don't go a Harley cause you'll spend most of your rides in the front seat of the tow truck with the bike on the back......

The running joke with most bike riders in my area is "what does a Harley and a Blue Healer have in common????? They spend most of there time on the back of a ute".....:D

moyboy said:
Chilliman, don't go a Harley cause you'll spend most of your rides in the front seat of the tow truck with the bike on the back......

The running joke with most bike riders in my area is "what does a Harley and a Blue Healer have in common????? They spend most of there time on the back of a ute".....:D

The new ones are pretty good, a mate has a Softail Heritage Classic, never misses a beat.

Well, I never posted any update it seems, but the engine on the FZ died. But rather than tuck my tail and walk away, I got another FZ6 and have since put on about 1300 miles on it. I was dreaming about riding towards the end of deployment!

Back