• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any One Growing Aji Habanero, Is this normal

The leaves on my two Aji Habanero plants look a little strange.  This is my first time growing them, is this what the leaves are supposed to look like? 

2vw9ydz.jpg

wgqcmx.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That is how mine looks, a very lanky plant with weird leaves. I am going to bury it an additional 6 to 8 inches when I plant out. 

bhut camp said:

Thanks guys, glad to hear it; thought maybe I was doing something wrong.  All of my other plants are actually looking pretty good it was just this variety that was looking kind of sickly.

had that happened to my tomatoes  2 years in a row 3 years ago , not last year but my pepper plants in the containers did . nobody at the nurseries knew what it was , i took the leaves in . they swore i sprayed them with 2d4d but i don't use it . so i hit them with fertilome fertilizer and they grew right out of it . now my tomatoes / peppers in the garden didn't do that last year , probably cause i had dropped 2 truck loads of horse manure in it before tilling . but peppers in the containers did . hit them with fertilome 11 - 14 - 11 and they grew out of it . hope this helps some       :onfire:

moruga welder said:
had that happened to my tomatoes  2 years in a row 3 years ago , not last year but my pepper plants in the containers did . nobody at the nurseries knew what it was , i took the leaves in . they swore i sprayed them with 2d4d but i don't use it . so i hit them with fertilome fertilizer and they grew right out of it . now my tomatoes / peppers in the garden didn't do that last year , probably cause i had dropped 2 truck loads of horse manure in it before tilling . but peppers in the containers did . hit them with fertilome 11 - 14 - 11 and they grew out of it . hope this helps some       :onfire:

lol this was like one those bad math problems. 

Mine is the tallest seedling I have right now...however, it doesn't have weird looking leaves...they just look like regular baccatum leaves.

All of my other plants, from my reapers all the way down to my Jimmy Nardello's look healthy; its just this one variety.  

My Aji Habanero plants are super tall also! Not lanky though, since topped them at the 2nd set of true leaves. They branched out like crazy after that. No weird leaves though. Maybe it's a nutrient thing? I've been feeding them a weak solution of the miracle gro blue crystals since they were still in diapers.

I'll take pics tonight

Don't think it is nute related...I fed 48 plants the same thing at the same time * 3 trays of plants and it was the only plant along with its friend the Aji Cito to act that way :) 

These are 2 of my 8 Aji Habanero plants. It's the first time i've removed them from the shelf and they were all tangled up with the other plants! It took me 5 minutes to fish them out of the jungle. It's definitely time to move them outside...they look starved for light with the leaves all curled down like that

IMG_20150513_224555_zpsefoa4nvy.jpg

Back