• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any opinions on MG 15-30-15 ?

I'm seeking a fert for mid-season blossom/bud/pod development. Looking for something with more punch than the organics. I heard good things about the MG 15-30-15 formulation, but not specifically in relation to peppers. Wondering if any pepper growers here have tried this mix specifically to amp up the pod development for hot pepper growing. Thanks

I have used it in conjunction with Epsom salt this year.
Have had TONS of pods this year. Amount of pods also depends on the pepper. Here's a vid of my plants...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0J8WVLh2Yk[/youtube]

HP - cool! Can you provide some more info on what you did - how often/how much MG 15-30-15 and Epsom? Did you substitute that for organics or are you feeding with organic ferts too? Thanks

Plants look good Sean. But that rocoto plant looks like it is being ravaged by hornworms to me. The black pellets look like thier droppings.

I haven't used the miracle grow 15-30-15, but have used the tomato formulation with good results. It is 18-18-21 and I use it at half strength once a week.

jacob

Mega....after my plants got their 3rd true sets, I was using a 1/4 strength solution. (1/4 strength to what they recommend.) Once every other week, then the epsom salt every opposite week. After the plants got to a decent size, I just used one large scoop (a scoop comes in the box) in a 2 gallon container. Then just water normally. Next year I will be trying worm castings. Heard a LOT of good stuff about that.
Thanks Jacob! Of course they're a little bigger now. Been harvesting about once a week. Each harvest gives me enough pods to fill up my dehydrator. (Snackmaster Jr.) I have kept looking for hornworms, but I only found ONE, and that was at the end of my other plants. Dunno. They havent been bothering my plants for awhile now, so its all good. Its almost the end of the season anyways. Honestly, with ferts, I dont think you can go wrong, really. Just dont use TOO much of whatever it is you decide use. And hell, YOU definately arent doing too bad yourself! lol

Back