• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies any pc gamers 'round here?

dragonsfire said:
I like the old stuff Caesar III, Wizardry 8,Sim City, simulators from the 80's :)

Caesar III is one of the best games of all times.

PC Gamer here, although only really into simulations anymore.  I do www.iRacing.com and Digital Combat Simulator A-10C....oh and Mechwarrior Online (when I have time).  Here is my current rig (Obutto R3volution):

Flight sim mode:
12512317_10208272099265342_4134392715037430304_n.jpg

Mechwarrior mode:

10646949_10207148608658779_2271489728480678723_n.jpg

You can also see my Clubsport Wheel base and pedals for racing.

Side view:

1237327_10201925833132655_487448035_o.jpg

I use to play everquest, was the #1 shaman game wide in terms of HP before I sold my account for $2500 and went to college. I played skyrim for a bit the summer after I graduated, but I no longer have a mac with windows on it lol No more PC games for me

Played a lot of Rocket League lately, until the Overwatch beta came out.   Then I played Overwatch as much as possible.  Game is great!  

SmokenFire said:
Played a lot of Rocket League lately, until the Overwatch beta came out.   Then I played Overwatch as much as possible.  Game is great!  

I dont know what it was about Overwatch...just didnt give me the "oh hell ya" feeling.  Feels like TF2.

dragonsfire said:
Ive never played on line games, should look I guess.

I like it, I had some good buddies of mine move to different parts of the country and it allows us to stay in contact, bullshit, have a good time and what not.

fiveohmike said:

I like it, I had some good buddies of mine move to different parts of the country and it allows us to stay in contact, bullshit, have a good time and what not.

Ya I like that aspect of it probably the most.  We've got guys all over the US & Canada, so chilling in teamspeak and talking ish is usually just as amusing as the playing of the games.  

Really into Overwatch right now.  Haven't played Rocket League since Overwatch came out.  

Also EFFF Square Enix forever because they cancelled Nosgoth.  

SmokenFire said:

Ya I like that aspect of it probably the most.  We've got guys all over the US & Canada, so chilling in teamspeak and talking ish is usually just as amusing as the playing of the games.  

Really into Overwatch right now.  Haven't played Rocket League since Overwatch came out.  

Also EFFF Square Enix forever because they cancelled Nosgoth.  

Ive been on the fence with Overwatch just doesnt seem much depth to it.  Kinda like the bait and switch for the star wars game....great gameplay, great looking, but not really any substance.

fiveohmike said:

Ive been on the fence with Overwatch just doesnt seem much depth to it.  Kinda like the bait and switch for the star wars game....great gameplay, great looking, but not really any substance.

Ya I don't know about depth in Overwatch.  It's kind of like TF2 but better and with many more chars imo.  Star Wars was a great game, but I could never get into matches - their balancing algorithms were just the worst.  I mostly play FPS, so depth isn't as big a concern for me as much as game mechanics and balanced play.

Been playing Witcher 3.

Just downloaded the Blood and Wine expansion Wednesday.

Unfortunately, my old X58 mobo died last week, so, I am waiting for my new Z170 board to arrive.

So I just sent my friend 20 varieties of peppers he's going to be eating on twitch stream. He plays Overwatch lately, CS and other random games. I'll get you a link and more definite time when it's going to go down if you want to spectate 

Upgraded my CPU cooling.

About six months ago my machine started to just shut down instantaneously , things pointed to the Power supply , but even though its on warranty the shipping was more then half of the unity , so after pondering and thought Id give it a chance that its over heating, so I got a chase fan, worked great (CPU fan was dusty and I normally use canned air twice a year so was hoping it was the heat) so a few weeks back my machine stated to shut down again when I did some heavy crunching, not dusty so I checked into a cooling system, after some good revues I decided on the Hyper 212 Evo, cooling systems can be very expensive. Installed it and machine works nice and smooth about 500 increase in clock speed and top cpu temp is 39c, hovers around 37c.
So $40ca its a good deal I find.
Was a bit of a pain since I had to remove the MB, no opening on the back panel, and the cables to the drives made it tight, other wise easy to install (wont fit in small cases).

Now I just have to rebuild this internet machine and retire my Athelon II

P1100648_CoolingUpgrade-1500_zpsmltdoyrx.jpg

P1100649_CoolingUpgrade-1500_zpsvcayrnfj.jpg
P1100650_CoolingUpgrade-1500_zpsts79xjth.jpg

Back