• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

any suggestions on a sauce for french fries?

I love french fries and eat them almost every day. And I pour lots of hot sauce and dry spices on them.
But what's the best hot sauce with french fries?

I tried to make my own hot sauce last week. I mix 5 jalapenos, 5 cloves of garlic, and 2 cups of tequila. (I got inspired by that new blair sauce with tequila)

It tasted quite good, but I felt it lacked something.

How should I make my own french fries hot sauce? Any ideas what ingredients I should use?

dragonsfire said:
hot sauce in mayonnaise is my tops :)
I have a mason jar in my fridge for my spicy mayo but I mix in minced peppers instead of sauce to give it a little texture. That's my go-to sandwich spread.

The Hot Pepper said:
Done the hot sauce in ketchup thing and it's ok. I love bleu cheese dressing or roquefort dressing on fries but I never added hot sauce. Now I have to try it.

The Hot Pepper said:
This is form 2006 before evem al gore invented the intetnet :lol:
Yeah, but you replied 3 times sine it was bumped so it must be okay. :rofl:

Here is my contribution.

img-Chile-Infused-Ketchup-Selling-Big.jpg

My favorite sauce for french fries is slicing a few hot peppers long ways, and putting in a jar with a clove of garlic cut in half and some hot vinegar. Let this set a month and enjoy, its mild and delicious.

Mene said:
It's similar, but without the pickles, eggs, and the rest of the stuff they put in Thousand Island. Thousand Island is chunky, but fry sauce is smooth. It's really good. An Idaho staple food!

you could always smooth it out in a blender :)

BTW- I'm just poking and having a little fun.............

I think it's funny when people think 1000 island is just ketchup and mayo. Would you put that on a salad? :lol:

1000 island is traditionally: Mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, eggs, cream, chili sauce, tomato purée or ketchup. It also typically contains finely chopped ingredients, which can include pickles, onions, bell peppers, green olives, hard-boiled egg, parsley, pimento, chives, garlic, or chopped nuts (such as walnuts or chestnuts).

I either sprinkle with cajun seasoning right when they come out of the fryer. OR... make some queso... fry bacon, reserve bacon, then use grease to sautee peppers in (usually jalepeno's). Then fries, queso, peppers, bacon all back into the basket and nomnom out =)

Back