• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any warnings others use?

Felt this may be a good place to vent and see if others have warnings and disclaimers they wish they could put on a billboard for people to see.

This is mine and today is another that warrants it.

When interacting in the real world with a person you do not know very well personally try to keep it civil, as you never know what they are going through in their personal life. I say this because you may be surprised when the reaction to a jab or rude comment is a defcon 5 level explosion and you aren't able to hang up or sign off. Don't think everyone's personal life is the same level as yours. When picking yourself up off the ground or climbing out of the hospital bed remind yourself that they may have been going through internal hell and covering it well, until you broke the surface and let the hell escape.

I hear you. I do maintenance on really large warehouse buildings. One of which is the old Lionel trains building. The buildings are divided up into several sections and rented out by different companies. I wish I could put up a billboard that said I only have two bosses. If you have a problem with anything that is not an emergency, especially if you caused the problem yourself, please contact my bosses as they have instructed you. I do not work for you. Please save your demeaning comments for someone else.
I really love when they break something and then try to lie and say it was broken to begin with. It just drives me nuts. I feel like no one realizes that I don't pay for the supplies to fix things so I cannot make the decisions. If they hit a $2000 heater hanging in the warehouse with a forklift and destroy it I can't just go out and buy another one without getting the ok from my boss.

First, sorry you're in need of that saying today Justaguy - that sounds like the makings of a crappy day.

Mine is actually a fairly common phrase - I'm a project manager by trade. The phrase I coined is not so polite - "if people weren't friggin idiots, the world would not need project managers" - much of what I do is "organized common sense"...training users, creating process flows to help people understand their own jobs, etc.

But for actual projects my favorite saying, and most applicable here, is "Failure to properly [plan/allocate resources/budget] on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Now, as the PM, that's never as true as it should be - regardless that I identify a budget shortfall, a resource constraint, or poor plan from the getgo but everyone chooses to ignore it, it somehow becomes my fault, and my emergency to deal with.

So there it is. Failure to properly plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. And I would end my billboard with a "now piss off". That is exactly all what I would do. If I wanted to get fired. :rofl:

I hear what your layin' down Knepper. This is my normal warning and it is usually sufficient to get my point across:

PISS. . . THE F**K. . . OFF!!!
25127_1375396619203_1060450402_1160753_4559866_n.jpg

Before becoming a stay at home mom I was an Assistant Superintendent for a construction company so I could have I guess you could say less then tasteful quotes around my desk. My most favorite was...
"Remember it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown or just 4 to extend your arm and b!%$# slap the mother f%&*er that pissed you off."

Yup that was hanging above my computer for EVERYONE to see....

Before becoming a stay at home mom I was an Assistant Superintendent for a construction company so I could have I guess you could say less then tasteful quotes around my desk. My most favorite was...
"Remember it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown or just 4 to extend your arm and b!%$# slap the mother f%&*er that pissed you off."

Yup that was hanging above my computer for EVERYONE to see....

sniff sniff...sniffle...that's....that's beautiful. sniffle.

Back