• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any Workout Junkies Here, What are you taking for supplements?

Just wanted to see if there was any workout junkies here to chat with.
I just started doing Insanity about 6 days ago, and cleaned up my diet.
Plus I went into a pretty good routine taking supplements, and I have been cutting most/all bad fats

Mostly I'm looking to burn fat, but adding muscle is on the agenda also. From what most workout people
say is both cannot be done together.

Pretty much I'm taking

1: Complete Multivitamin
1: Biotin (For Skin/Hair/Nail support)
1: Omega 3/6/9 (I don't eat fish, and allergic to seafood)
1: Garlic (I have elevated Cholesterol, I have read this helps a lot)
2-3: Kre-Alkalyn (Better absorbing creatine)
and I was thinking of taking a thermogenic fat burner I have some SuperHD left over from the last time I took it.

Does anyone have a good addition to this or something you take now that might be beneficial.

any advice from those who have got good results would be great.

almost time for my workout... "Its sweating time!" can't forget my 3 bottles of water for my workout... LOL

Your workout should be tailored for you....are you overweight, obese, skinny, young, old or just looking to build muscle?

That would be your starting point,

I'm overweight. I think I'm around 184, shooting for 165, and I'm 30, with slightly elevated cholesterol, so I'm pushing for a healthier living.

That's why I'm doing Insanity for a workout. Looking to cut mostly but retain the muscle.

Just figured there was other guys/gals here in the same boat. Usually in groups people stay more motivated, and not give up.

so far so good. Can't wait for the workout in a little bit. Just have to put the kids to bed.

I did crossfit about 2 years ago and within 3 months man I could grate cheese on my stomach.. Insanity sounds simular intense workouts non stop, It does work but I reacon you need someone to work out with it makes it easier to stay on track.

My uncle is doing P90x at the same time, hes about 3 hours away, so we post each day, keeping on track. My workout is 60 days, I'm planning to be ripped when I'm done. Then off to Body Beast, and bulk up on the food/supplements.

Wildfire, are you still working out a lot?

I figured go big or go home, so I'm doing insanity.

My uncle is doing P90x

My son tried that a few times and said it was brutal. He is an active Marine by the way so if it is brutal I believe him. :lol:

Then off to Body Beast, and bulk up on the food/supplements.

As far as supplements go I am not a believer in most of them.
I am more from the former Hardgainer Magazine school of thought where quality food and milk is all the "supplements" you need.

My uncle is retired military, and to top it off he just had some of his intestine cut out in a major surgery, hes 100% better and pushing hard. Hes a machine.

I'm hoping the workouts get us in better shape to extend our lives, and motivate our families to get in shape.

As for supplements, I have read unbiased reviews on most, and there were some big names giving props to a few of what I take, so I hold that in a higher scale then someone pushing them for profits, especially when there's good money to be made pushing them.

P90x IS brutal. Ive done a month of it twice but now I just do mma. Starting to lift little by little but no supps. Just a good diet. UNless you are a body builder you might nt need any sups if you eat well.

Nah not at the moment mate I went a little to hard last time but now I'm just doing some martial arts to keep active.

Cool! I used to study this art and did it for a year when I was 19 and then went back in my 30's. I got to brown/black and then stopped due to finances.
I enjoyed it but it was a lot to remember with all of the techniques. But it is a real, traditional Korean martial art and not these made up ones I see so much of nowadays.

Back