• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Anybody Bag Their Blossoms?

I'm growing many different varieties next year and would like to isolate as many as possible. I'm having some trouble finding much info on bagging flowers.. Any ideas or tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

sweet link - pretty much what I was looking for.

Sick ur a dick they guy wants help not ....... M8 I'm told eBay is the cheapest to buy little net baggies with strings and r easy to apply failing that try ur local 2 buck shop. Failing that try and old pair of stockings (ur mrs or mums its cool ethier way or ur own lol :) ) but isolation is hard as pollen is so small. It can be hard to find things if u don't know the terminology trust me I know

Good call on the stockings, I use them to hang melons when I grow vertically - thrift stores usually have them for cheap.

slpknt....... I use Tulle fabric from the local fabric store. Then I cut, fold and hit the sewing machine.

I take 1 plant of each variety I want seed from and grow it in a 5 gallon bucket, then just make a big bag and cover the whole plant. Being in a bucket the pods will be smaller then the brothers in the ground, but seed will be isolated and everything grows big in the ground the next year.

Uh, did you miss the link"?:
+1 I see no reason for name calling, fortunately hopefully we have tuff skin on da net ... I for one think your link was solid advice and search is always your best friend :) That said, I've found that most search features on forums are sub-par at best, so I use google for the search followed by site name and that normally gets me right there. Unfortunately a few times the threads I've pulled are so old that someone might call me a thread necromancer ;)

Much of the iformation people are seeking is in the old threads and there is no need to "bring back" an old thread, just learn from its content.

Sick ur a dick they guy wants help not ....... M8 I'm told eBay is the cheapest to buy little net baggies with strings and r easy to apply failing that try ur local 2 buck shop. Failing that try and old pair of stockings (ur mrs or mums its cool ethier way or ur own lol :) ) but isolation is hard as pollen is so small. It can be hard to find things if u don't know the terminology trust me I know

Easy buddy. There are a crap load of threads already dedicated to this with tons of information contained within them. Easy search.

i did post a link i tried looking for a good link but thats the best i found so idnt know how atleast searching for the best i could of forums is being a dick? :shame:

Here We Go:
http://www.earthinee...php?blogid=1200

http://www.earthineer.com/content.php?blogid=11379

Lol missed the link

My apologies

Using iPhone and it don't always show everything , so I woz like what the hell is ....... Going to do. I'd had a few to many beers to :)

I have removed my previous dribble , but yeah stockings r the cheap and easy way

Back