• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anybody lose peppers to TS Andrea???

Tropical storm Andrea blew thru St Augustine this afternoon with sideways rains and wind gusts @ 50mph...I was at work but very frightened for my peppers....So I raced home imagining all the blossoms and peppers on the ground or perhaps worse, 3 ft pepper plants broken in half by the wind....and luckily all was intact and good especially since I have a 75 pnd delivery next wednesday!!!! Did anyone out there in pepperland suffer damage from the tropical storm???

Attachments

• pepper farm 1.jpg
    pepper farm 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 31
  • pepper farm 2.jpg
    pepper farm 2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 33
  • pepperfarm 3.jpg
    pepperfarm 3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 31
thanx hot---
i did find alot of blossoms and green scorpians on the ground---i was hoping that they would turn red off the plant but my professor said they wouldnt---which is strange because i do know both datils and aji amarillo do turn if picked green.

what really took a hit were my tomatoes--they had grown over 6 ft around my japaneese tomato ring

Attachments

• gr pepper 1.jpg
    gr pepper 1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 29
  • gr pepper 2.jpg
    gr pepper 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 33
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 29
Put the green scorps in some salsa.  That is what I did with the ones on my plants that I trimmed in my grow tent.  Salsa was good!

Back