• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody on here from Indianapolis, IN?

Just curious. My wife and I will be in town this weekend. If you live close to Indy, have kids, or are just looking for something to do on Saturday, there will be a yo-yo contest taking place at the Arts Garden in Down. It is FREE for spectators too. If you have never seen new school, next level yo-yoing, it might be worth checking out.

Here's more info:

http://indianastates.newschool101.com/

It would be great to swing over there (~3 hours away) and check out the action, but we sell at the farmers market on Saturdays. Best of luck!

Thanks, dude.

3 hours from Indy, you say? Does that mean you live in the STL area, by chance? I had a friend who lived out in St. Charles County for a while, and that was how long it took us to road trip it to Indy one year.

I'm smack dab in central IL - roughly equidistant from Chicago and St. Louis. Where we live we have a direct route to Indy from I-74, about 200 miles away.

My bad. It was actually 4 hours from STL to Indy, and most of that time was spent in IL. So much farmland there. Plenty of Staters too, just like Ohio.

Tell me about the farmland...I used to live/work in St. Louis and have made the drive to Indy, it pretty much looks the same way across IL and Midwest in general. Oceans of corn and soy...we are lucky that we live at the vineyard so we have something different to look at...

I was born in Indianapolis Indiana until I was 19 and then i moved to Alabama. :) I miss Indy.If I was still up north i'd come on down

Back