• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody see Michael Vick on 60 minutes?

I don't watch 60 minutes for crap, ( WTF, why would they have Coldplay on there?) but had to DVR it because I noticed it was on and wanted to check it out. Anybody else see it?

Pretty gnarly stuff he got himself into. Not sure if I was believing the guy early on in the interview. We'll see how he does pretty soon I suppose.

IMO character issues seem to run in the family given his brother Marcus. But if the system's said he's done his time, I guess his second chance has to happen sometime. I'd be bummed on my team for signing the guy though.

I think it is going to be a long time before a lot of folks learn to respect him again (maybe never)...

He has a great chance with Philly so we will just have to wait and see if he changes his work ethic to be one that results in a great player again..

I will have to take the attitude, we will just wait and see...

Everyone deserves a second chance if they pay their dues. If i did some malicious shit and got an appropriate amount of jail time for it i would hope i would get a second chance when i got out also. Isn't that what incareration and rehabilitation are for anyways? People seem so quick to vilify the guy even after he served his time. Just remember, those without sin may cast the first stone.

I saw this last night also and believe in giving a person a second chance but I don't believe a word he said. He was grinning and smiling everytime he mentioned dogfighting. He does not feel sorry for what he did, just sorry he lost his huge contract with ATL. I think the 60 minutes interview did nothing to help his cause. He and his brother are nothing but thugs that happen to play football well. He was made an example of and got a harse punishment but I still don't think it was enough. Keep him out of the NFL.

The local media here (I'm about an hour northeast of Philly) is crucifying him. All the fans are pissed. I'm a little surprised, these are the same fans that were so excited when they got T.O.

Thanks for your input guys. Getting to be that time of year again and it's kinda nice to have a story good or bad that is separate of Favre's drama.

Yeah, PRF- wasn't really buying it either. Seemed he got a little better at it as he went on though.

Thanks for the PA info too Jay T. Philly fans are a tough crowd. There's gonna be a lot of hoopla I'm sure next preseason game. Wish I could see the whole press conference when he was signed, interested to see what Coach Reid had to say.

Still surprised he's not a Raider or maybe a Bronco.

I was thinking Viking or Cowboy. So far everyone from Reid to McNabb to Lurie to even the mayor of Philly is saying all the pc things. Everyone says he deserves another chance blah blah. It's the fans that are rioting.

QUICK...HIDE YOUR BEAGLE, VICKS AN EAGLE...

Well since you opened that door AJ... I got to admit I was wondering which team would be the first to play "who let the dogs out" when the Eagles are on the road and Vick takes the field. It'll happen at some point this year, poor taste or not.

I think this isn't a problem with Vick, but a problem lies with coaches, players, and the league themselves for accepting certain characters or players into the league to begin with. I mean seriously someone must have know what type of guy he is and what type of life he lives. It seems like they are more than happy to look the other way when a player has enough talent. I mean how many guys in the NFL have been given second chance after being convicted of drug offenses, domestic violence, assault, or weapons charges? The list goes on and on and on. It seems to be common where a guy gets convicted of a felony and is back on the field the next season after he is done serving time because he deserves a second chance. I mean what type of message are they really trying to send? Regardless of the felony if a guy is convicted he should be banned from the league period. I'm not a big fan of dogs, but none of them got a second chance or a choice like Vic did. If they had a no second chance policy players would seriously think twice about things they do in there personal life. I'm disappointed in the Eagles and the league for looking the other way and hiring a convicted felon. In all honestly it's probably easier to get rehired by the NFL after being convicted of a felony then getting re-hired at a McDonalds.

Business and morality are interesting beasts.

A straight business mind says we pay him to pass the ball and run, who cares what he does in his personal life.

Some people care about the people they give their money to. A lot of the trickle down effect like LGHT describes happens.

"I think this isn't a problem with Vick, but a problem lies with coaches, players, and the league themselves for accepting certain characters or players into the league to begin with."

Very astute and part of the trickle down I describe.

That said, most of the time something involves emotions the truth and reality gets mutteled.

I don't see the same kind of sentiment for the numerous amounts of cows and chickens and turkeys that are slaughtered daily, they don't even get to fight for their life.

There seems to be a link to the fact that people keep dogs as pets. That, I believe, leads to an emotional tie that is hard to separate from the matter here.

I think he did his time. It's on the NFL to decide to what degree they will set an example. Like was said before though, I read that others commit crimes in the NFL. If the NFL starts drawing lines who knows what might happen.

I can assume because of what you guys wrote up there that he was let back in. I would have guessed that would be the case using the above rational.

I'm not defending or condemning him, but I am glad I don't have any part of that mess. Cept for the highlights I watch every now and then.

(Diablo-cause I like to see both sides and argue both sides, even with myself;P )

Remember, the NFL has appointed a mentor to him. And they picked the best person in the NFL to do it. If Tony Dungy believes that Vick has been rehabilitated, then i'd want to believe it also. But, only time will tell.

And as for the Eagles fans rioting, those f**kers would riot if someone changed the brand of toilet paper at Lincoln Financial Field.

I don't think it's a matter of the type of offense he committed, or whether he can be rehabilitated, or if he has a mentor or not. The problem is all of the effort is after the fact. It's almost like do whatever you want with your life and if you get caught we will give you a second chance, but you have to jump through some hoops and make sure your really sorry. It's just BS. I heard on the radio this morning that a guy was executed yesterday because he was 15 minutes late filling his appeal the day before he execution was scheduled. Apparently the judge (she) is a known hard Ass and refused to reopen the courts after they already closed at 5:00pm for the day. How many death row inmates do you think will be late with there appeal in the future?????

LGHT said:
I heard on the radio this morning that a guy was executed yesterday because he was 15 minutes late filling his appeal the day before he execution was scheduled. Apparently the judge (she) is a known hard Ass and refused to reopen the courts after they already closed at 5:00pm for the day.

I wonder how that judge can sleep at night. That kind of decision would really f*** me up for a bit. Although, on the flipside i guess if convicted then given the death penalty no point in wasting anymore time prolonging the inevitable, huh?

Vick's pumped today!

Within 24 hours of typing the phrase "Favre's drama", old Brett signed with the Vikings and took a lot of national focus off Vick for now at least. What a vindictive attention whore!

Facilitated and engaged in a six year long pitbull dog fighting ring. Apparently included exucuting dogs thay wouldn't/couldn't fight and stuff.

Back