• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Anyone can their hot sauce?

I know it isn't necessary if the pH is low enough. I can't ferment because I lack the free fridge space, and was wondering if I were to can the hot sauce if it would last longer and that the flavors could blend better?

I know it isn't necessary if the pH is low enough. I can't ferment because I lack the free fridge space, and was wondering if I were to can the hot sauce if it would last longer and that the flavors could blend better?
You sure can, can your sauce. I make a Datil pepper sauce which I can either pints or half pints. It does get better with time. I canned 36 pints this summer and have enough peppers for another run. Here's a tip, puree your peppers and freeze in airtight containers, then put into your sauce recipe and cook.

You sure can, can your sauce. I make a Datil pepper sauce which I can either pints or half pints. It does get better with time. I canned 36 pints this summer and have enough peppers for another run. Here's a tip, puree your peppers and freeze in airtight containers, then put into your sauce recipe and cook.

+1

and :welcome: from PA

Back