• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone else have seedlings going also?

Planted some seeds about 3 weeks ago gonna grow them indoors till next year and a couple other chilli plants gonna try to over winter

Seedlings:
Jamaican hot pepper
Chocolate habaneros
Lantern Habaneros
White bullet Habaneros
Chocolate bhut jolokias
Red bhut jolokias
Chili Tepin

Gonna Over winter some:
Yellow Chaguanas 7 POD
Latern Habaneros
White bullet Habaneros
Yellow birds eye

1185529_627646597256414_238866694_n.jpg

I have about 10 seedlings right now. Ranging from original 7 Pots to Primos, to Morugas, etc. Going to grow them over the winter in the greenhouse to see if they will produce!

got a reaper seedling goiing now, will try keeping it alive trough winter ;)  gonne sow some more later in a month or 2, got cold winters here, brr :rolleyes:  :tear: 

I've got a few going at the moment. Got aji limon, fatalii, black hungarian, yellow bhuts, brain strain and chocolate Trinidad scorpions that sprouted. Transplanting to solo cups this afternoon. Hoping to keep them alive over winter to get a head start next season.

Still 20 plants inside is going to be nearly impossible without a huge amount of light. I would check into exactly how many lumens you will need for that many plants.

I currently have about 30 or 40 indoor plants going. If they get too big I just plan on cutting them back. Should have some monsters by spring. Gonna plant about 100 seedlings (not all peppers, but mostly) here in about 3 months to fill up the greenhouse I just bought. ;)

No seedlings yet, but I did take a few monzano cuttings the other day and I'm rooting them now. They are so darn slow that I figured I better start early. Any chinense that  I grew this year and  want to grow next year will be either over wintered or cloned. I know what I have and no need to take chances with seeds. 

The seed starting will be in Jan if I can wait that long. 

I've a dozen very late starts and plants left in tiny containers because my balcony was full (as always ;)). Malawi bird, Chiltepin, Datil, 7pot x c.frutescens, Seychelles and mistery volunteers that popped from last year's soil mix. I will try to overwinter the biggest and best looking plants in a cold greenhouse and grow 3-4 in my tiny indoor setup constantly trimming them.
Because of my actual lack of proper indoor setup and brutally hot summers any successful overwinter is worth the effort.

Good luck

Datil

yea but only have one t5 so not sure how it's going to go indoors for me this year.  Hoping to add another or two soon.  Also plant to overwinter some plants I have that got going too late using only two corner windows in an unused bedroom.  I have yet to get a ripe pod outdoor(first year with peppers)

Back