• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

anyone ever grown cochiti peppers

i had a friend move down to new mexico last year to take care of her mom for a year and she sent me some NM pepper seeds. one was called cochiti from the cochiti pueblo. has anyone ever grown this pepper? i am wondering what to do with them....yesterday i saw a few are ripening. i hav read they are hot, but i've rerad the same about other peppers that were not hot at all. do people dry them for powder, stuff for rellenos, eat straight. i haven't been able to find much info on them other than they are from cochiti pueblo at around 6000 feet of elevation. please help me be informed----thanx all---bob

Cochiti A medium large hot pepper. (Capsicum annuum). Originally grown at the Cochiti Pueblo in northern New Mexico. 130 days. Heat level is 3.5

cochitifx1.jpg

I dont know how they are used green or red sorry -- Seems interesting enough -- Maybe like an Anaheim where when they turn red you dry and grind and green you can use them as green chilies ie. enchiladas or stuffing ?????

Back