• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone get free wood chip mulch?

https://freemulch.abouttrees.com/#!/home

I found this site bookmarked from who knows how long ago. Don't remember where I heard about it.

But you sign up, and put in your name, address, etc. Then, whenever someone has a load of wood chip mulch in your area, they'll just drop it off rather than driving it all the way to a dumping site or compost facility.

I haven't signed up yet. Mainly because I'm kind of worried someone might drop off a load the size of an elephant in my front yard, and I'm not sure I'd want to deal with that.

But, have any of y'all tried this out, or want to give it a go?

Jubnat said:
https://freemulch.abouttrees.com/#!/home

I found this site bookmarked from who knows how long ago. Don't remember where I heard about it.

But you sign up, and put in your name, address, etc. Then, whenever someone has a load of wood chip mulch in your area, they'll just drop it off rather than driving it all the way to a dumping site or compost facility.

I haven't signed up yet. Mainly because I'm kind of worried someone might drop off a load the size of an elephant in my front yard, and I'm not sure I'd want to deal with that.

But, have any of y'all tried this out, or want to give it a go?
designate you a spot for them to dump it , if they can get to the back great ,  I  have a spot on the west side i use specifically for chips , leaves & sorts . Fortunately i live out by the river so i don't have no city rules, or home association crap to follow . I do as i wish    :party:

MeatHead1313 said:
I signed up on that site last year and haven't heard or seen anything unfortunately.
If you have Entergy as your electricity provider you can get free wood chips through them.
We use LUS...I don't think they offer anything like that. I'll have to look into it.

And yeah, I kind of figured that no one in the area would know about this. Maybe I should start emailing local landscaping and tree service companies.

Dang it, so close . . . 

The arborist who was supposed to drop woodchips at [censored] Tecumseh, KS 66542, USA reported that they could not drop for the following reason:

"Our crew didn't need a drop site after all. Sorry for the trouble. Please add yourself back to the list if you'd still like to receive a delivery."

Back