• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone Have Any Answers For The Following Questions

I'm very new to the whole pepper scene here are a few questions I have about growing, planting, selling etc,

1. What's an appropriate price for selling Brain Strain Peppers Each (just a ball park price range)

2. How long is the pepper season in the southern parts of the United States?

3. When watering freshly planted seeds does the soil need soaking or just dampening? 

4. What's the temperature range peppers can grow in?

Thanks For All You're Help! Any would be real appreciated I'm a new grower and just joined the forums. 

1. No idea

2. I live in northeast texas and I can usually grow plants and such until like November maye even December some years. My grandpa picked some jalapeños last year in November.

3. I soak mine pretty well as seeds but when they start sprouting the soil is damp, just dont let it dry out and you'll do fine.

4. Last year I had seeds germinate in the garage at around 65 degrees.. I believe they germinate faster at a higher temp because its around 80 on top of my fridge when I usually germinate and they pop pretty quick.

I am by no means a pro but each year I make it to the adolescent phase before crap hits the fan!

PepperWeston said:
Thank You Aaron!
Anytime, welcome to the world of peppers!

Ar a fairground event somebody was once selling ghost peppers 10 bucks a pound but idk about his sales or anything further.

1. .50 - $1 - whatever u can get an idiot to pay for them

2. your first frost to last frost date.

3 and 4 are in the growing FAQ stickied i'm pretty sure.

Back