Anyone in canada selling fresh pods?

Thanks for the referral hogleg.. but nope, it's a no-go so far.. Just starting to get my babies to recover from the damn aphids lol (see my latest glog entry) :)

I Sell Powder and might sell pods if i have plenty.   things are going great with the heat wave we had last week

magicpepper said:
try looking at loblaws or sobeys or something, they are starting to sell superhots. chilinoobs actually posted about it in his glog. he got a super hot mix at his local grocery store, here is the link to his glog where the pics of the super hots he bought are
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45400-chilinoobs-first-glog-2014/page-4#entry1016057

Yup, they've been showing up in our local SuperStore's (owned by Loblaws) lately - I've found them in both Truro and New Glasgow locations.

NatureFresh Farms (as both chilinoobs & I have pointed out in some posts) has been the newest brand to show up (and it's Canadian!) and the hottest I've found from them have been Bhut Jolokia, Scotch Bonnet & Trinidad Scorpion. They only list 6 varieties of hot peppers on their site, but at least they've gone with some good ones.

And then, as I mentioned earlier today in another topic, there is Westland Peppers out of Europe, which began showing up in our local SuperStore's last summer. The hottest I've seen them carry is the Naga Jolokia (which is how I got my seeds to grow my babies) and, I must admit, I don't find their packaging/quality quite as good. Of course, in regards to the quality, that likely has a lot to do with having to be shipped overseas. But the NatureFresh packaging is much more sturdy and seems to keep them good much longer in my opinion. :)

I've inquired at the most diverse Sobeys in our county (we have at least four in our county, seeing as it all started in Stellarton - the town next door to mine.. the founder actually used to deliver groceries to my grandparents doorstep when he was first starting out many a decade ago), but oddly enough, they don't seem to source any vendors that provide super-hots..  But then, that's likely because - at least in terms of peppers - they aim to source from vendors local to the Atlantic provinces and I've heard they can be quite strict with their guidelines for fresh produce they put on their shelves.

there ya go lol, i couldnt remember the name, nature fresh farms. my mom seen some scorpions at loblaws and grabbed them for me, sadly they were rotten, but they had bhut jolokia and a couple others as well.  looking at there site they have these listed under hot peppers,   Trinidad Scorpion, Ghost, Scotch Bonnet, Spanish Chilli, Pencil Hot, Shishito 

Back