• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Anyone seen THIS yet?

HBD's new 1542!

I have't tried it yet....but it looks awesome!

100_4158.jpg

100_4159.jpg

....as usual....they were totally cool. I got one to hoarde in my collection...and one to devour!

Thanks, J&N!!! :woohoo:

I've seen and tried THIS months ago :rofl: :rofl: hehe I so funny... Hope you enjoy it !! Let us know what you think !

xo nicole

I tried this last night.

It IMMEDIATELY reminded me of one thing......

Mexican food.

I usually wouldn't nail a hot sauce to one peticular type of food.....but this one was screaming in my ear;

TACO!!!!! BURRITO!!!! FAJITAS!!!!!! CARNITAS!!!!!!! :woohoo:

I tried about a teaspoonfull.....and the first thing that hit me was the onion and cumin. Very nice! So...I went immediately back for a second teaspoonfull....

I thought.....yep....Mexican food....or Central American cuisine.....and perhaps....CHILI!!!

It's got a mildly sweet finish with a VERY usable heat. (i'd give it a 4-5 on a scale of 1-10)

If you buy this sauce....and like Mexican food....or putting stuff on a tortilla......a bottle won't last you very long!!!

I can't wait for carne asada!!!!

Thanks HBD!!!!! :clap:

I agree, Mexican and Southwest. That was kind of what we were going for, using those notes of Garlic and cumin to give it a strong southwestern and mexican style. I actually used it on shrimp tacos last night! It's a departure from our other sauce styles, but i'm confident it a top-notch blend! Glad you're enjoying it.

With any luck I will have some of this by this evening! Johnny and Nicole happen to be at Peppers in Rehoboth the weekend of my family vacation there.

Got me some HBD Golden Habanero the other day and set a record for the fastest ever consumption of a bottle of sauce (in my house). Had a half bottle with cheese and crackers on Thursday, then finished off the bottle with pizza and grilled chicken on Friday. Deelish.
:)

Today was day two of our demo at Peppers. We did a skirt steak (taco) marinaded in 1542 and Italian Dressing topped with a Mango Habanero Pico de gallo, then we did a roasted pepper and onion blend with 1542 to top some chorizo tacos, BUT the killer recipe was: grilled rabbit sausage diced and mixed w/ shredded mexican cheese, black beans and a little Storyville. We stuffed that into Long Sweet Hot red peppers and roasted them on the grill then topped it with mixed 6 oz creme freche, 2 tsp brown sugar and 3 Tbs 1542, I should have a video up of that one soon!

Back