• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Anyone tried a pepper called Bonda Ma Jacque ?

POTAWIE .... Madamme Jeanette was named after a prostitute ..... dang .... I'm in love already !!! Bound to be sweet and hot ....

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Aji Chombo thanks for the links. I didn't think about looking there but should have. Guess it's more fun to chat at times. I planted several Madamme Jeanettes last year but a hail storm killed them and a lot of others. Of the few seeds left from last year of these only one has sprouted. So I have big hopes for it and seeds in the future if I like it.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

I've only had one Mme Jeannette sprout so far. Fingers crossed as well, P.

I hadn't given any of these varieties much thought until this growing season.

Both seem fun varieties to grow.

P dreadie that is weird me bondas didn't sprout this year either from neil and they were in a dried pod. I gave up on them I have had bhuts sprout before them and tried 2 different methods still nothing. Guess I'll substitute with fatalii's.

Same here. They have been the only seeds I got from Neil that haven't sprouted. :(

Easy to let slide though - everything else I got from him has been top-notch. Still my first stop for seeds.

I'm also growing the Bonda this year because it looks like a Fatalii, but I'm wondering what is the origin and meaning of the name Bonda Ma Jacques?

Back