• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anyone tried Windows 7 yet?

Thanatopsis said:
However ME is another story

ME = Many Enraged
Manages Eventually
Missed Evolution

Gates and Co were having a laugh when they unleashed that festering pile of pig's entrails on the world.

The best thing about 98 and 98se was the feeling of satisfaction when pressing enter to c:>format c: /q IMHO!
Constant BSODs, couldnt leave it running fo rmore than 48 hours without major errors, no thanks. XP pro is still being run on my home machine, windows 7 on the laptop, its good enough that I may actually purchase the software (shock horror!) so I can run it beyond the RC end date.

Well i can say.. I "Was" going to buy Mojave (Windows 7).. But now that I read that article, I'm not so sure. Guess I will try it out on a virtual drive first.. That way certain processes can be avoided & Can be tested.

what point is this geo crap thing on a desktop which dose not have a gps? none at all its for laptops and netbooks which you can take with you... and also you have to manualy turn it on. so win7 is fine for me.

windows 7 all new whistles and bells fantastic until you've had it a month or so then bill gates decides to tell you that they have now found a serious security flaw in it, as tends to happen with ever new window OS, then everyone starts moaning about it because it actually turns out to be sugar coated dog shit. microsoft are scam artist and make vast amounts of cash from it, why can't i buy a pc of the shelve with an OS that isn't microsoft made (scam) most populare ain't always best.

i have to say i kind of agree about 98SE it did what it did and didn't clog up your hard drive with crap that you didn't need or use, i only ever found slight glitches with it when trying to run loads at the same time but that wasn't a major prob as i tended to not run loads at the same time!!

I admit I don't know a lot about Operating Systems, but I sure would like an OS that could run some of my old favorite games like DOOM, QUAKE, etc

Again I will say it... BRING BACK DOS. Not the half baked DOS environment they have now.

I miss DOOM, BLOOD, DUKE NUKE'em & several other DOS based games. Had to load my old computer with DOS 6.22 again so I can kill me some mutants, Cult Members, & Aliens :lol:

CayenneLover said:
Again I will say it... BRING BACK DOS. Not the half baked DOS environment they have now.

I miss DOOM, BLOOD, DUKE NUKE'em & several other DOS based games. Had to load my old computer with DOS 6.22 again so I can kill me some mutants, Cult Members, & Aliens :lol:

http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

Grab DOSBox. It's a DOS 6.22 emulator for Windows. It runs any old DOS game perfectly(or any DOS program for that matter). As far as the software you're running knows, it's on a machine just running DOS and nothing else. Works perfectly, it's small, and it's free.

Windows 2000 was my fav on PC. Now I'm a Mac and don't mess with Windows, except at work. But I may try to put Windows 7 on my Mac Pro.

Shred Clay said:
Windows 2000 was my fav on PC. Now I'm a Mac and don't mess with Windows, except at work. But I may try to put Windows 7 on my Mac Pro.

If you don't need it, I wouldn't put the effort in. It's only cos I do web development and need to test sites in different os's and browsers that I did.

Im running windows 7 release candidate.

Its only really because my old (8 years +) computer went bang. I bought a budget comp which is perfectly fast for what I want from it and it came with no operating system.

My dad used vista media centre for his HTPC and was looking at 7 as apparently it was more stable. He suggested I use 7 and buy it when it came out for pre-order a few weeks later. I managed to snap a copy of the basic (home?) edition on the day it came out from Amazon for about £45. I should get it some time this month.

I quite like it - its easy to use and I haven't had a single problem with it. I like the cpu/ ram usage icon on the desktop and the weather and temperature gadget. Similar to vista my girlfriend tells me?

There are some other things that I like when sorting photos and files out and switching between pages.

I will have to see what changes they have made to the real copy.

Chris

Well I've got myself a new laptop and it came with a upgrade option for Windows 7 Home Premium. I can't say I notice much differnece with my desktop running Vista.

The printer and networking was very simple to set up, that's the only plus I've noticed.

So I've got three different systems from MS on my PC's now. The server has XP Professional, the desktop has Vista Ultimate and the laptop has Win 7 Home Premium.

I've found them all to be pretty good, maybe MS finally knows how to do it's thing.

Back