• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Anyone using automated drip irrigation system?

Do you use Drip Irrigation YES or NO

• Total voters
Hey Folks,

I am setting up a drip irrigation in my garden. Hoping to complete it today. I chose Digg corp products, which is locally sold in big box store.
If anyone had any prior experience on setting up drip irrigation, would you please post your "DO and Don'ts" on how to setup the system. I believe this will benefit all of us. I will also post some pictures later. Although, I like to water my plants manually, it is getting very tedious now a days. Also, this will let me take a vacation and not worry about my plants being burnt by the sun.

Thanks for your inputs.

I was planning on setting up my gravity fed system but it hasn't stopped raining all summer so I haven't bothered.

Good neighbours, so no need. Also, if feeding nutes, particularly outside, I would think there's a risk of an algal bloom if you're away too long.

I've only got a few plants and are all indoors. Plus, I like doing TLC on the 'lil buggers.

Easy to spot problems early with hands-on too. :)
Now if I had 100's of plants and outdoors..well yeah that makes sense.

we neurotically water the lawn every day or every other day when it's dry out (which it hasn't been...) so it's no big deal to water the veggies along with it.

I like it. Don't think that my plants get any less attention because of it and when I do have to go out of town for work it's one less thing to worry about. I like having a few extra ball valves strategically placed so I can shut off some lines when I move containers around.

I am almost done with the drip system project. Dang it is more expensive than I expected. I think my cost went up, since I have about 50 containers, and I am watering these containers with individual drippers.

Back