• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anyone watching the Olympics?

The Mens Freestyle Relay last night was an awesome race!! The French were talking some smack and looked bewildered when they lost.

Yeah i was on and off with the games, but i did see that one. That was a vicious race. I can't believe how far ahead of the world record everybody was.

Necrocannibal said:
The Mens Freestyle Relay last night was an awesome race!! The French were talking some smack and looked bewildered when they lost.

you damn skippy, that was a good race, And how about the french female favorite in the swimmg(the one in the love triangle with the Italian swimmer) she game in dead last. And there is no way some of those Chinese floor gymnast are 16 years old. Other than that I love the Olympics, espsecialy the opening ceromonies .

I missed the opening ceremonies, Im waiting on someone to Youtube it.

I would be surprised if some of those Chinese girls were even 12 much less 16.

I think Phelps is going to do it also, bring home 8 Golds. The guy is amazing.

Phelps kicked in the afterburner in the last 50 of the 200 medley winning one of the heats...

I say bah because the Olympics have become just another overhyped, overproduced, politically charged tv show. Olymypic Badmidden? Come on, pah-lease.

imaguitargod said:
I say bah because the Olympics have become just another overhyped, overproduced, politically charged tv show. Olymypic Badmidden? Come on, pah-lease.

I always crack up when i hear about someone being a table tennis olympian.....jeez.

rainbowberry said:
Is ping-pong ball the same as table tennis?
Yes.

Now if they had Olympic hacky sac, you bet ya I would be there going for the gold....although I think this would violate their no drug policy....

You on performance enhancing drugs IGG? I thought you were looking pretty buff in those pictures from WOF. :lol: heh heh.

imaguitargod said:
Yes.

Now if they had Olympic hacky sac, you bet ya I would be there going for the gold....although I think this would violate their no drug policy....

Hacky sack was considered in early 90's I think. It's every 4 years and its a blast for young people who train very hard. Its great to see the emotion pour out after a victory, its also nice to see those buns slip out during the female beach volley ball matches. Yes there is some Drama, but thats the media, not the olympics. Its definitly better than american gladiator.

Come on chaps! We had to wait 2 weeks for our first gold last time! We now have 2 golds and a bronze! (Ist time in 40 odd years in swimming!) Over in the UK we have no facilities, precious little funding, and lousy weather! Any medal is gratefully accepted! I hate to think how we will equal the opening ceremony tho!

judimac said:
Come on chaps! We had to wait 2 weeks for our first gold last time! We now have 2 golds and a bronze! (Ist time in 40 odd years in swimming!) Over in the UK we have no facilities, precious little funding, and lousy weather! Any medal is gratefully accepted! I hate to think how we will equal the opening ceremony tho!

you guys only got good because your team learned to swim their butts off training in the English Channel so they wouldnt freeze their butts off :lol::lol: I am kidding,
Congrats to the British Swimming team. been good viewing so far

judimac said:

I've seen quite a few news clips over here about some unusual British water sports, one of which I believe is swimming through a mud puddle ? Also I think we inherited lawn mower racing from the Brits.. Hell of a show in mens gymnastics last night.

Back