• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone with blooming reapers?

I have a second year reaper that will be blooming like madness in about a week or two.  We'll see if I can collect some pollen for you.  It might end up dropping the first batch of flowers though because of lack of pollen (they can do that) but it's like almost 18 months old so I dunno.

My overwinter Carolina Reaper has about 20 pods on; 1.5+" on average.

OnM1ahM.jpg

And hundreds of flowers.

moruga welder said:
my chocolate reaper is flowering but dropping them . needs to warm up at night . few more weeks .    :onfire:

x2.  My nights are just fine though.  Im not sure why a bunch of my peppers are dropping flowers.  Unless it is just that the first set of flowers tend to drop across the board.

I have one that already has a couple pods, I can see if it has any other flowers to collect pollen from. What's a good way to store and ship pollen anyway?

I was thinking plucking entire flowers and shipping those, otherwise I've never done it.  Probably the only reasonable way to do that without denting a harvest is on an older plant.

Back