• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone with experience with Poly pot ?

Has anyone used this with soil as medium ?

GROW BAGS HYDROPONICS CONTAINER POT POLY PLASTIC B&W
GrowBags_GALLERY1.jpg

Yeah, they are really cheap and thats why they are interesting. However, I see that most of them are for use with pebbles. So I think it might be to little air and to moist in them with soil? 

i use the 10 gallon bags from htg. they are great but most definatly only last one season in the sun.
big plants WILL tip them over... i put mine ontop of small masonry blocks so they drain...

what else? you can lift them easily by just gripping the plastic around the rim...
but by the end of fall...you have to move them very carfully, or you will be left with two fistfuls of plastic when you try the same. they most definatly get brittle in the sun. 

i use them with peatlite.

If they last one summer and do the job why not. They cost just 32cent a piece and can be recycled after the end of the season. 

You don't have any extra holes in them for airing, just lifting them up to allow excess water to drain ? 

they have plenty of holes on the bottom for drainage. IMO the fabric pot thing is entirely too wasteful for my stye of growing.

fabric pots can consume like 3x the amount of water than impermeable ones do in my climate at least.  i can guarantee you they do not yield results commensurate with their cost and water usage.

there are no holes for handles. i just grab a hand full of plastic and lift them.  i have them on blocks because the area they are in teds to accumulate as much as 2" of standing water in a good storm, and i dont want the fertilizer charge to get washed out of the peatlite.

32 cents does not sound right for the 10 gallon bags. i remember them being like 15-20 bucks for a pack of 25.

Back