• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Anything wrong with this

charlie-kelly.jpg

"Hello, fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I am hot. What? Taxes. They'll be lower, son. The democratic vote for me is the right thing to do, Philadelphia. So do."

:rofl: I am not sure I follow... :)

Not sharing isn't nice, but at the end of the day, the seed belongs to the grower and the grower has the free will to do with it whatever they choose.

Keep in mind too, some growers sell seed to help cover costs so they can continue their hobby. Some have made it a business too. Is it wrong for a vendor to sell their seeds.....? ;)

Me thinks our gentle reader is addressing seed viability. EDIT...Okay Armac I found that yes has requested free seeds for a fledgling business venture...

Wait... I thought I had a grasp on the question... but now I just re-read it and I'm not so sure.

OP, are you complaining that somebody is trying to charge you for seeds? That's how I understood/understand it. And in which case, with the information armac has brought to light, I say someone definitely has a right to charge you for seeds if you are planning on using them to multiply and sell. If or when you get your business off the ground, are you going to give out free seed to people just because they haven't tried a particular variety that you are growing/selling?

EDIT:

I apologize if I have understood wrong.

I would like to start a business selling cars, who will give me their car so I can sell it? Is it wrong for you to have a car and not be willing to give it to me?

Okay this is how it goes. im trading seeds with someone on here. and we were talking about the hottest pepper uve eaten and what not. I told him 2 habs and ii cant handle any more because i have weak taste buds. SO now the person wont trade with me because i was going to grow the seed and grow and grow and save seed from it until i have enough to sell the seed in my business. But he thinks its wrong to grow something and sell it but never eat it.

Okay this is how it goes. im trading seeds with someone on here. and we were talking about the hottest pepper uve eaten and what not. I told him 2 habs and ii cant handle any more because i have weak taste buds. SO now the person wont trade with me because i was going to grow the seed and grow and grow and save seed from it until i have enough to sell the seed in my business. But he thinks its wrong to grow something and sell it but never eat it.

Doesn't really matter then what others think --- It is up to the person that you were trading with whether he feels he should give rade you the seeds - so his opinion is the only one that matters !! -- that said I'm sure there will be plenty of others that feel differently and you just need to get the seeds from them instead -- or buy a few seeds and use them to start your growing. (That's the great thing about having a community of growers - they all have their own opinions and experiences that we can learn from)

That said you can't really blame someone for feeling it is a disservice to the community to take seeds that you get for free and turn around and instead of passing the help along try to turn it into a profit without even being interested in the product for anything other than the $$$ you see gaining from it - after all this forum is about sharing information and expanding everyones experience and most of the members are growing as a hobby and enjoyment they get from it ( and most also enjoy the end product )

Figure it is somewhat the same reason that the Seed Train participants decided to pass on letting you join the train ( since your motivation was more gaining a variety of seeds to profit off of than the actual reason behind the Train which is to let everyone have access to different varieties that they may enjoy growing !) -- It isn't so surprising that many members feel that this is a hobby that they want others to enjoy and share experiences about rather than a method of making a profit off of.

Hey knew that those seed were going to be grown for like 10 years and save a bunch load of seed to sell. BUt once i told him i would never dare to eat it he freaked out

Hey knew that those seed were going to be grown for like 10 years and save a bunch load of seed to sell. BUt once i told him i would never dare to eat it he freaked out

Well like I said the thing with trades is it is a personal thing between 2 people and until it is finished either one can decide not to make the trade for any reason they feel like -- ie. if you decided you didn't want to make the trade for some reason and backed out then that would be your decision to make and noone else's, so doesn't really need any justification (It would be different if you had sent out the seeds for trade and then he changed his mind but until a trade is finalized either person can drop out for any reason they want - or even without a reason given ) - and posting complaints about it is only going to make it harder to find others to trade with -- figure just take it as what it is a failed trade and move on to find someone else to trade with.

It's not like he is the only one that will ever have that type of seed and he's entitled to trade or not trade with anyone, same as you so best to just move on to the next deal, instead of bringing others into it which may just make them also decide to not want to trade. Figure if you are only treating this as a business proposition then there is no reason to take things personally - just take it like any other failed business transaction and move on to the next deal.

Move on, brother, move on.

If I am going to trade you cars and you tell me you're never going to drive it, I can tell you never mind, for whatever personal reason I have.

Unless you have a contract! (Which you don't because you are talking about trading 10 cent seeds here.) Move on. This really does not deserve a whole topic dedicated to it. It shows pettiness. I mean really. A seed trade?

Oh, to answer your question, no there is nothing wrong with that.

Is it okay for the manager of a grocery store to sell food he has never eaten?
Is it okay for a pet store owner to sell pets he has never owned?
Is it okay for a walmart manager to sell goods they have never owned?

I'm surprised you had to ask this question. You can sell hot pepper seeds for a profit even though you don't really eat them. Some people just like how the peppers look. Not everyone has a stomach that can handle super hots.

In other news....

Dallas, TX: Breaking News! Reports are coming in that a man has barricaded himself inside his home along with his wife and 2 children. Unconfirmed reports are that the family had just finished a large family meal and are now taking a siesta. No reports of any crime being committed have surfaced and the local police authorities are not involved. We will continue to follow this story as it unfolds and will update on the hour.

Back