• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

ANZAC DAY!!!!!!!!!

Today is ANZAC day (which stands for Australian And New Zealand Army Corps) here in Australia. This is a day for all Australians to honour our troops, past and present!!

I would like to say to the Australian troops (and to all troops for that matter) serving overseas, you are far braver that me and I respect what yo are doing and I wish you all a safe time and hope that you will be able to come home sooner rather than later.

I will finish with this:

They shall not grow old,
As we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest We Forget

I learned the hard way:
NEVER get in a drinking contest with an Aussie sailor.
A few years back some ships pull into Norfolk Naval Base, Aussies stormed the bars, and conquered them.
I lost so f'ing hard. I threw in the towel when the dude started swallowing dimes.

Oh and Aussie helicopter pilots are crazy as hell, too. We were heading out at around the same time, Aussie pilot flew past at maybe 200 feet and snapped this beautiful barrel roll.
Thing of beauty.

/salute to the Awesome Aussie Troops

That sucks, Grimus. I hate helos.

Thanks to all in the South lands for your help in the eternal fight- it's too bad that those who give the most are always the first forgotten.

Back