• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Are finches a danger to my plants?

I have a huge colony of finches that live in the bushes and feed from my four feeders. Will they cause problems when my pods start ripening?

The colony is huge but well fed by me and they haven't eaten any unripened pods.

moruga welder said:
nah i got tons of them out here in the stick and they don't bother my plants ,         :onfire:
That's what I figured. There's atleast 50 of them and they hang out not 15 feed from my plants and never pay them any attention. They are always to occupied with pigging out on my never ending feeders.

Yes.  Finches are bad.  Kill them all.  With much malice.  And then stomp them into little puddles on the ground.

The last step is important, so that they don't reanimate.

In my experience, seed eaters chase off the hard-core bug eaters...Once I got rid of the seed feeders, took a year for the bug eaters to come back and now they regularly patrol my plants picking off horn worms like no bodies business while mysteriously leaving the mantises alone...so far. I think your biggest worry is going to be seed on the ground attracting rodents which can then gnaw on your plants. Had that problem before with my tomatoes.

Back