• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Are my plants in trouble?

Hey everyone, can you look take a look at these pic's of a couple of my peppers and let me know what you think?  The leaves have what looks like cuts in them.   I am thinking it was caused by rain but I am not sure.

Thanks...

This one looks a like it is more torn than cut:

This one has some yellow on the tip of a couple of leaves:

Here is one of my Jalapeno's, it is doing pretty good I think:

Being new to gardening in general let alone growing peppers I am not sure what to l think of this.  I try not to over water but I could be off there.  Anyway, thanks for looking.

I'm going to disagree with rain damage and rearrange a tad….

These two have definite sunburn on the tips. 

Agree the one in the lower-left is torn - no biggie.
The smaller spots also look like mottled sunburn. Sunburn causes weakness in the cells that you can kind of compare to our skin - if you and I burn our skin peels off after some time. Similarly, leaves that have sunburn often lose the tissue that has been burned. 

All this means is they needed a tad longer than you gave them while hardening off. The plants will be fine and new growth should be fine. 

Could be both...
Those two have for sure sun burns.
But some  also looks like mine last year when hail stroke. Did you have rain with hail? Maybe smaller ice "bullets", because damages looks not very big.

yep, hard rain damage .. beware of thunderstorms and follow the weather forecasts for any chance of hail ... and get them to safety if you're there at the time
those ice "bullets" can shred your plants into pieces :(
happened to me already in the first half of may this year .. the plants on my garden was just stems.... luckily i had a few extra seedlings ...

but yours look fine

Back