• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Are these bhut's?

I was wondering if these are bhuts since they are dark green and not too wrinkled. I thought bhuts started out light green. They also aren't as long as the bhuts i've seen.
021-2.jpg

I don't know about the longer part because length in pics can be decieving without something to compare it to, but on the lighter green part, mine are a light green like the inside of a lime.

mine are long wrinkled and bumpy. oh yah and they are hot as hell!!!

No you Perverts!!!!! MY PEPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao

patrick said:
What does "longer light green" mean? They still look like Bhut's to me.

Mine, unripe are dark green, not very wrinkly and not really long. Look like Naga Morich's too me. From what I've seen Bhut's are lighter in color unripe, longer and wrinklier.

Morichs are gnarly too and I've had some over 3 inches but they aren't as large as a Bhut. I think temps/sun affects how pimply the pods get and I think POTOWIE said he wasn't getting the pimples on his 7 pots until his outdoor temps increased.

I don't know what type of plant you have chililover but I bet those pods are hot:)
My greenhouse peppers always seem to be gnarlier whether it has to do with being warmer or dryer(no rain) or generally less humid

Gnarly naga morich(Chileman's seeds)2007

Bhuts start off light green but then turn dark green. They end up red. The color of green depends on how old the pod is.

Took this picture this morning. Bhuts are distinctive IMO. They don't look like a Bih or a Dorset which can be more easily confused.

Bhut Jolokia
mini20090824bhut.jpg

Great pic PRF.

They don't look like Bhut's to me any more Chillilover. The close up pic sealed the deal. Wish I could help you, good luck.

Back