• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Are these people kidding?

lol, I thought I was seeing things when I saw that price.... that is seriously some f'd up business, If people actually pay that then Im gonna quit my job and sell my seedlings instead of growing them out

origamiRN said:
and $11.90 for 10 chiletepin seeds!!!
They can't be selling anything at those prices.

im more than willing to believe that someone somewhere is buying what they sell at those prices.

I've got a prodigious amount of belly button lint I can probably sell as 'Ghost Pepper Seeds'. I'll place a starting price of US $25.00 for six ball....seeds, yeah, seeds! :P

Seriously now, 50 bucks for seedling?!

Does it do your taxes and cook the chilli con carne for you while getting you an ice cold beer from the fridge and massaging your feet?!:crazy:

Is it HD ready and have WiFi capabilities?!

(I really should lay off the extra coffee in the morning...)

That is just insane. $50 for a plant in a 3" peat pot and not even hardened off?:crazy: For that price, it should come ready made with peppers, all the ferts you need, pot to pot up to with potting mix, light to put them under and free shipping. Even then, I don't think it is a good deal.

jacob

I was scratching my head because I recognized the name eGardenSeed from somewhere. Then I glanced over this page and there it was - Google Ads:) I might be prejudiced but I doubt that I'll ever be so desperate that I actually buy anything from Google-advertisers. It just doesn't say "Serious business" to me...

Look at the specs of the plant guys...........says it's Family: Solanaceae , yet says AKA: Ghost Pepper, King Cobra Chile, Bhot Jolokia, Dorset Naga, Naga Morich and also Species: Naturally occuring, Interspecies Hybrid- C. chinense/C. frutenscens Heat (Pungency):Peak Heat (1,041,427 Scoville Units). HOTTEST known pepper
So they are saying it's 2 different things.

chillilover said:
Look at the specs of the plant guys...........says it's Family: Solanaceae , yet says AKA: Ghost Pepper, King Cobra Chile, Bhot Jolokia, Dorset Naga, Naga Morich and also Species: Naturally occuring, Interspecies Hybrid- C. chinense/C. frutenscens Heat (Pungency):Peak Heat (1,041,427 Scoville Units). HOTTEST known pepper
So they are saying it's 2 different things.

Well all Capsicums are in the Solanaceae (nightshade) family along with tomatos and others, also the naturally occuring hybrid part I believe is also true I think genetic testing was done several years ago back when they werent sure if the Bhuts were c.chinense or c.frutenscens and I think the end result was that bhuts/nagas contain genetics from both species therefor being a hybrid.

So technically they arent wrong but they are still a$$holes :)

-Rich

MrArboc said:
I was scratching my head because I recognized the name eGardenSeed from somewhere. Then I glanced over this page and there it was - Google Ads:) I might be prejudiced but I doubt that I'll ever be so desperate that I actually buy anything from Google-advertisers. It just doesn't say "Serious business" to me...

Lol thats actually where I found the site, it was on one of the google ads on the forum, I check out the ads just for the hell of it and also because I know it helps the boss out when people do that ;)

I sent 'em an email to see if they're interested in buying some of my plants. I'll give them a great deal too.:rolleyes:

Back