• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Are these really habanaros ?

They might possibly be fatalii's. I believe there have been a few other members here that had the same experience this past summer as well and that seemed to be what most people thought.

I agree with Prehensile that they could be Datil or related (possible cross) to them based on where you're from. I say the latter only because the leaves in your pictures do not look like my Datil leaves but mine are much younger.

Do you still have the tag? If so, is it a Bonnie World's Hottest Habanero? If so, there are a couple of older threads on that. Someone emailed Bonnie Plants and the answer they received was Fatalii.

Little fatter and more orange than fatalii, looks mor datil and as mentioned previously, you live in datil central...fatalii or datil, both are excellent peppers and those look great.

Yes!

Bonnie. Worlds hottest habanero.

That's what the tag said.

After seeing a couple of those threads I had went to our Home Depot and found the plant with the same tag during this past summer. The plant went through some turmoil, shall we say, but now has a number of pods. They're still green, but they are shaping up like those.

Score! Enjoy!

Back