• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Are "Trinidad Perfume" and "Trinidad Sweet Cherry" the same pepper?

I have a few Trinidad Sweet Cherry seeds,and the opportunity for Trinidad Perfume seeds. I am wondering if these are the same pepper? I can find info on the T. Perfume, but no info or photo on the T. Sweet Cherry. Can anyone confirm either way if they are the same or different?

Thanks

no
Trinidad Cherry or Trinidad sweet Cherry is not the same as Trinidad Perfume ... the Perfum truns Yellow-Golden with no heat at all
Trinidad Sweet Cherry turns red with more heat ...
the Trinidad Perfume has vrfy fruity tropical aroma while the Trinidad Cherry has more vegetable spicy flavor like eating spicy tomatoes with cilantro mixed
the plant in Trinidad perfume grows larger than the Trinidad Sweet cherry
i hope this helped

and mentioning not finding info online about some peppers its normal
for example the Trinidad Morovas
i only found one single Pic for it which is what Chris listed long time ago and if you google Trinidad Morovas you may not see any resluts
why bcz not too many people know it..or share every thing they grow on the web

Thank you VERY MUCH. Your information was indeed very helpful.
Thanks again for taking time to answer another of my questions! :cheers:

I have a few Trinidad Sweet Cherry seeds,and the opportunity for Trinidad Perfume seeds. I am wondering if these are the same pepper? I can find info on the T. Perfume, but no info or photo on the T. Sweet Cherry. Can anyone confirm either way if they are the same or different?

Thanks
Pepperlover or John Leonne

Judy,

How is the Trinidad Perfume in comparison with the Tobago Seasoning,is there a big difference in flavor?

Greg

Oooh yaa
very much difference
The best was to describe Tobago seasoning is like biting into a pepper has been sprayed with perfume where the aroma is so strong you have to sallow the bite before you know how it taste the smell it so strong that one only sense works at the time which is your nose not your tongue, when I first tried the Tobago seasoning I was like what’s inside this thing I literally looked on the pod like you just tasted some kind of alcoholic perfume that’s who strong it was.. Now after a while your tongue starts to realize the sweetness and just the right amount of burn… I DON’T recommend it for fresh cooking because the over powering smell will cover the whole dish..
All you need it half a pod for cooking now for fresh eating its very good.. and for powders is has very distinctive smell works well as powder too
The perfume is more balanced and has more tropical aroma which is not over powering the c.chinense habanero flavor
They are both great seasoning peppers but it depends on what you like and what u going to use them for

Thanks
Judy

Oooh yaa
very much difference
The best was to describe Tobago seasoning is like biting into a pepper has been sprayed with perfume where the aroma is so strong you have to sallow the bite before you know how it taste the smell it so strong that one only sense works at the time which is your nose not your tongue, when I first tried the Tobago seasoning I was like what’s inside this thing I literally looked on the pod like you just tasted some kind of alcoholic perfume that’s who strong it was.. Now after a while your tongue starts to realize the sweetness and just the right amount of burn… I DON’T recommend it for fresh cooking because the over powering smell will cover the whole dish..
All you need it half a pod for cooking now for fresh eating its very good.. and for powders is has very distinctive smell works well as powder too
The perfume is more balanced and has more tropical aroma which is not over powering the c.chinense habanero flavor
They are both great seasoning peppers but it depends on what you like and what u going to use them for

Thanks
Judy

Thanks Judy, for the detailed reply. I was unaware of the extreme difference. I grow a few different mild peppers such as Aje Panameno, Aji Venezolano and the Orange/Red Suaves. Those peppers are pretty tame in a "Pico de Gallo", that makes my wife happy if she has company over. But I'll also make "kicker" salsa for those who thrive for the heat.
Anyways thanks for the info, I'll avoid the Tobago and look into the Trinidad...

Greg

Hi guys,

I was sold Trinidad Perfume seeds (from a reputable seller) and the pic below is the result. Clearly, it's not perfume as it ripened past yellow. Could anyone please identify it for me?

photo7fpp.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Back