• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Are Vampires just a higher class of zombies?

Really, there are just so many ways this discussion could go so I'll start it out.

Things in common:
Undead
Cravings (one for blood other for anything living or recently dead)
Sneakly little bastards
Infectious bite

Things not in common:
Intelegence
Easy of mobility
Appearance

Really, there's not much to seperate them. Also, could Frankenstien's monster be considered a zombie?

LOL iggy you always have some interesting post's, Here's my 2 cents on the vampires vs zombies. Most woman vampires are very sexy, zombies are ugly, Vampires have an intelligent, know how to use real world objects to get what they want!

Zombies run into stuff and can't remember how to open a door.

Bloodsuckers vs. Flesheaters. Easy enough. Lawyers vs. Congressmen. The bloodsuckers are a class above the lawyers as they'll suck for free. Same with the flesheaters since you don't have to bribe them.

Cheers, TB.

imaguitargod said:
Well, some instances of Zombies do show some intelegence (see Rameo's movies, Dawn of the Dead, etc )
Yeahbut those movies are pretty much new age zombie movies.

And can a zombie fly?

Good point about Frankenstien's monster.....never really thought of it that way...

another thing in common......

Both mythical....;)

I wouldn't count Frankenstein's monster as a "true" zombie because he's technically man-made through the use of medical science.

Sickmont said:
I wouldn't count Frankenstein's monster as a "true" zombie because he's technically man-made through the use of medical science.
And in the second movie he got married, and shown some intelligents.

Zombies also much easier to kill. Headshots/decapitation or brutal dismemberment ala Planet Terror seem to do the trick. However, though I've never seen these kinds of extreme tactics resorted to in vampire movies, I think it's taken as read that only a stake through the heart or direct sunlight is gonna kill the Vampire.

Unless you're Wesley Snipes, then you can use swords and s*%t!

good question iggy cause you know we all lay in bed and think about this. I'd say there is a decent amount of difference there though. If you ever need a question answered bring it to THP

I remember a movie where the zombies smelted like bbq sauce, And if anyone smelt like that they got there heads blown off.

Then a guys friend was eating poppies bbq wings and met his friend back at the grocery store, just to keep his head blown off LOL.

I think this was the same zombie movie where a family was killing zombies with mashedies and the little girl got bitten and she didn't know that, At the end of the movie you see this family driving a way in a jeep where the little girl is riding up front with her dad, And she say's to him I'm hungry and he says they'll eat soon, And she says no I'm hungry now and she takes a bite out of his arm and he scream's then screen goes black and the credits starts rolling.

What movie is that?

Since most modern zombie movies are remakes, does that make them zombie-zombie films? ;)

Also; The undead Vampires don't eat the undead Zombies, but undead Zombies eat just about anyone.

Back