• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Are You Obsessed With Peppers/Sauces/Heat?

Are You Obsessed With Peppers/Sauces/Heat?

• Yes, more so than you

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Yes, but not as much as you

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No, it's just a hobby

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • My name is bob.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The platypus is the ass end of evolution.

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
You don't have to grow plants to be obsessed. My obsession runs deep, as most of you know, but my Black Hand of Withering Doom does not allow my personal creation of plants. However, I do have over 100 pounds of dried orange habaneros on hand at any said time.

I voted more obsessed than you beuacse I grow over 200 plants and over 30 varaites ans am allready planning next year where I will have possibly over 400 plants and 150 varaties (mailny c. baccatum and c. pubescens). Most of my free time is spent with peppers growing them, reading about them, talking to them eating them, making sauces with them, making pepper relish with them. My current project is buliding a giant greenhouse under my house to over winter all my peppers in and start new ones sooner than I normaily could. I have over 30 differnt hot sauces most of whichI made. I have a whole freezer full of peppers. Yeah i'm obsessed

Yes and not as much ....
Anyone who knows me that I love it hot and start talking about hot food I just go on and on until Im allexcited and have to eat something hot which at this point of the season is dried habs :hell:

Obsessed. I have grown many different types of peppers and use them in just about everything I cook. At this point I am plottting out what plants I am going to start for next year, and which plants I am going to save from death this winter.

I GROW 104 PLANTS 28 DIFFERENT TYPES AND VOTED MORE THAN YOU. MAKE MY OWN SAUCE, POWDER,AND CAN SOME. TAKE SOME EVERY TIME I GO ANY WERE TO EAT. EVEN PUT IT ON MY POPCORN.
BOWHUNTER
LET IT BURN

bowhunter said:
I GROW 104 PLANTS 28 DIFFERENT TYPES AND VOTED MORE THAN YOU. MAKE MY OWN SAUCE, POWDER,AND CAN SOME. TAKE SOME EVERY TIME I GO ANY WERE TO EAT. EVEN PUT IT ON MY POPCORN.
BOWHUNTER
LET IT BURN
We are close to matched, I have more pepper plants but you have more varieties.

No but I am a pathelogical liar!

93 vars and an unusally low 250 plants this year cos i moved house in june...oh well sowing 500 Scorpions, Chocolates and Nagas in Early December should get the ball rolling nicely for 2007.

Long live the obsession.

Guy

I thought I had my chilli growing and eating under control, but this weekend Mrs Shooty* hid all my sauces on the basis that 1. the mackarel risotto did NOT need it and 2. the fact that I think it DID means I'm hooked on hot sauces.

I've now been reduced to having sweet thai chili dipping sauce on toast. She's done a bloody good job of hiding the bottles.

However, I'm still allowed to grow the plants. Going to put a website together to chart progress, if anyone's interested.

Definitely Obsessed

imaguitargod said:
"Hello, my name is Jonathan and I'm a chili-head..."

173 pepper plants, 13 different veriaties, over 20 sauces in my possesion. I sit out almost every night with my roommate Dave and we watch the peppers grow. I talk to my plants and have fallen just short of naming them. I put heat on EVERYTHING and don't go out to eat unless I bring a specific hot product with me. I am officially obsessed.....are you?

Be sure to post what you voted for! I voted for the platypus (only because I can't be more obsessed than I already am)

I thought I was bad. I don't grow anything but I am always trying new sauces and many times I do bring my sauces to eat. At school I always give me students peanuts, chips, etc... I lace them with either a sauce or a powder for them. LOL.. Have to educate our youth as well as nourish them I guess.

I keep all my empty bottles in my class on a shelve I build. I will have to take some pictures and post them.

Cheers,

I voted "More than You".
I have lots of plants and varieties (as many as I can find) growing right now.
I eat, sleep, and dream peppers. Thank God for this support group! I know with your help, I will be even more obsessed in the future. :hell:

Hot Peppers Rule!

4th Dimensions!!

ABurningMouth said:
I voted "More than You".
I have lots of plants and varieties (as many as I can find) growing right now.
I eat, sleep, and dream peppers. Thank God for this support group! I know with your help, I will be even more obsessed in the future. :mouthonfire:

Hot Peppers Rule!

Soounds like Chili's are your 4th Dimension, especially if you are dreaming about them!!

I wanna start out by saying hello to all,my obsession started out with me geetting a wild hair to make my own hot sauce,but after a few attempts the sauces were good but ...not quite hot enough using the typical peppers at your local grocery store,so i got the bright idea to find and grow the HOT stuff myself.So the search began,and it was then that i stumbled on to this forum :)and to my pleasant surprise:shocked: i found out that i'm not not the only one who has this obsession.But as of now i,m not as obsessioed as you [yet]

on another note i've been doin a lot of reading throughout this forum and have learned a great deal about my pepper growing venture.

Thanks to all

so i've ordered various seeds including Naga dorset,bhut,scotch bonnet jamacan yellows,tepin,a propagator,and lots of other dodads, cant wait to get started

Welcome to our little group GaChileGuy.
I have like 200 different kinds of chile seeds now. Later I might buy or trade for some nagas, but right now my plate is full.
*Recieved lots of different hot sauces as Christmas gifts.
*Bought 4 30w 2000 lumen 6400K CFLs, for my starter trays (man are they bright!).
;)
I know some people run 85w and stuff, but I think I will start wearing sunglasses around them.
Gotta make some reflectors for 'em, so I can look at the plants.

Tony

"Not as much as you", only 10 varieties (assuming I get sprouts from each of the 7 varieties that I planted on Saturday).

I will admit to naming one plant, though. When Stumpy was a seedling, the seed coat wouldn't come off the seed leaves even after several days, so I tried VERY gently to remove it and ended up tearing off probably half of each seed leaf. I was horrified! Stumpy survived, of course, and is now catching up to his "brothers", flowering, etc. I'm giving a lot of plants away, but not Stumpy! ;)

No sauces, etc, yet, (I want to make my own) but I did buy grow lights and some other equipment.

Back